Thank you! Your registration is complete. You will receive an email confirmation of your registration shortly. |
Registration
Event: 2011 Dodge Rock 'n' Roll Seattle - Half Marathon
Participant: Jason Dahlin
| Items | Price | Quantity | Total |
Individual Half Marathon | $95.00 | 1 | $95.00 |
| SDSURVEY10 | -$10.00 | 1 | -$10.00 |
Subtotal: $95.00
Discounts: -$10.00
Processing fee: $6.99
Total: $91.99
With only a few minutes left in November(and before the entry fee went up $20) I was able to threaten convince Jason to sign up to run his first half marathon. Seriously, this was no small feat. He thinks I'm nuts, like most of my family and friends. He has spectated in Seattle the past two years and likes to say that spectating is harder than running....we shall see :)
I'm sure he has picked up on the fact that I've been less than happy the past few days. I was really looking forward to doing this with him and he had a less than pleasant attitude about it on Sunday. I thought I'd give it one last shot. I told him it would be a great Christmas present to me to commit to running it. Then I reminded him of moments like this.
Tall Mom & Marlene finishing the full Seattle Rock'N'Roll Marathon this year. How could anyone not be inspired after this finish?
Seeing how happy I was just before the finish.
Meeting awesome bloggers/runners.
After thinking about it for a minute he told me to do it. So far he doesn't seem freaked out or upset that I used my super powers on him to convince him to do it. I'll give him a few days before I hit him with his first training plan schedule.
So it's official. I will be coaching and training Jason to run his very first half marathon on June 25, 2011. I guess I need to get another Bondi Band with COACH on it :)



17 comments:
Very cool! Congrats to him for signing up (and to you for convincing!)
Awesome! So glad he agreed to run it with you! Ok so that picture of the two finishing the Full makes me want to cry. I hope I have that kind of finish! lol Good luck with training! :0)
Way to step up Jason!
Awesome. I like racing with my husband, well, most of the time!
That's great! I just convinced my husband to run his first 10k with me in February. He says I'll never get him to run a half, but I'm hoping!
Good luck coach!
Woohoo!! Go Jason! He is going to love it. I would love to run RnR Seattle again one of these days... what an awesome experience. I love that photo. :)
COMPLETELY awesome.
And I must ask . . . .where did you find that ornament?!?!
Go Jason!! Go Jason!! So exciting! Hmmmmm maybe I can get my hubby to come along for the ride too!
That is awesome! I am so jealous. I have gotten my husband to run one mile and that is all he will ever do. That will be so fun to coach him. I loved the pictures...you are adorable!
Yay for Jason! I am so sad I'm not going to be running it, hopefully I will be able to go cheer though. I sort of think Jesse has completely forgotten he is running the full! Good luck on your coaching!
Yay! That's so awesome that he signed up!! I actually convinced my husband to sign up for the PF Chang's RNR marathon in AZ in Jan. My sister and I are both running it and I thought it would be awesome if he did it too! He's never been much of a runner, but he's doing the training and doing awesome! :)
What EMZ said... love that ornament (although I'm thinking I could make that pretty easy).
Congrats on getting him signed up. Go Jason!
Awesome! Go you and your awesome super powers!
I'm going to need you to stop talking about this half though .... because you have me more and more wanting to do it, too! ;) Think I might have to pull up some info on it and see if I can work it in my schedule. This is all your fault! :)
Oh my gosh ... you really DO have super powers!
That's awesome! I run with my husband and even though he's much faster than me (we *never* race together) I love that we can do it together.
really cool!!! so great you will be sharing this!!
How fun that you can do one with Jason! My hubby wants to do one someday (he says) but i think it's only to show me he really is truly super fast (over short distances) :D
Should be an exciting journey!!
Woohoo!!!
Gotta love that early entry fee. :)
Post a Comment