Thursday, December 23, 2010

Tagged Again



I've seen several different running question tags floating around bloggy land.  Thanks to Breaking Pace for tagging me with this next set.


What are you most proud of accomplishing in 2010?
I started out the year with awesome mileage and a super fast 5K at my New Year's run.  I was pumped.  I decided to go for a 24 hour endurance run in March.  Due to husband and family I didn't stay the whole 24 hours but I did accomplish 33 miles before I left.  I'm pretty proud of that and the fact that I finally became Half Fanatic #532 this year. 
What are your running goals for 2011?
Where to start?  I'd LOVE to finally break my 5 hour marathon curse this year.  11 is my favorite/lucky number so I'm hoping that will mean great things for 2011.  I also hope to stay the full 24 hours at the endurance run, run as many 1/2 marathons as my budget/family will allow, run a marathon or 1/2 on the East coast, and get a PR when I run with my husband, Jason, at his first 1/2 in Seattle in June.
What was your favorite race?
My favorite race this year was the Seattle Rock-n-Roll 1/2 in June because so many of my blog buddies were there.  The You Go Girl 10K was a great surprise run in September.  I was able to run with Tressa from Training With A Track Coach & His Adorable Wife.  It was her first 10K.  It was raining but so many bloggers were there.  It was so fun to hang out with so many of you and eat together afterwards.  One of the best days ever!!!
What is your favorite holiday guilty pleasure?
Seriously???  Anything with chocolate.  This is a year round problem for me.  I do like the Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate at Starbuck's.
What is your most embarrassing running moment?
Honestly, being so freakin slow is a huge embarrassment for me.  I feel so bad when family or friends actually come to cheer me on.  I felt terrible at Portland.  The weather was terrible and it took me forever.  I missed all the other bloggy runners because of it, too.  I'm really hoping my knees straighten out so I can work on this issue.

Now I'm supposed to tag 5 people? 


Mel at Tall Mom On The Run ~ The fabulous lady who started it all.


Janae at The Hungry Runner Girl ~ Her blog is fabulous. Warning, it may make you hungry.


Amanda at Runninghood ~ Another great blog.  Check it out.


Honestly, so many of these have gone around I'm not sure who has been tagged already.  If you would like to participate, consider yourself tagged.  I'd love to learn more about you.




Don't forget my Inperspire Sports Towel Giveaway HERE.  There will be 3 winners!!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I agree with you, You Go Girl was a great, fun time. I think it will always be one of my fav races.

Carrie said...

I love your 2011 goals!! I also think the 24-hour race sounds like an awesome challenge - I've never done anything like that before.

And about being slow...there's scientific evidence that slower runners work harder than fast ones. So you're working twice as hard as Kara Goucher, and I think you should be proud. I am trying to break four hours next year, so I know the feeling. But at least we can claim that we're twice as hardcore as the elites!

Good luck and I know you'll do great!! :)

Fruit Fly said...

I hope you have a great 2011! I feel like overall there is a good vibe and we are all looking forward to what this new year will bring us!