Wednesday, December 15, 2010

EMZ Challenge Results ~ What 28 Miles Will Get You

I took the EMZ Challenge and surprisingly, I won.  Check out Miss Zippy's post HERE.  Anyone who reads EMZ blog know she loves her treadmill.  In her I have found a kindred spirit.  Living in Washington State and lacking in running partners, my treadmill has been there for me.  I still mourn the loss of my original treadmill which was murdered when we were flooded in January 2009.  If you want to be traumatized too, check it out HERE.  I now have a new partner/treadmill and I hope we'll have a very long relationship together.


The challenge was to see if anyone out there had ran further than EMZ on a treadmill.  Her furthest is 23.14.  So awesome.  Barefoot Angie Bee has also ran a marathon barefoot on one HERE.  Amazing!!!  The Hungry Runner Girl ran 22.  You Go Girl!!!


Here are my long runs stats.


4 ~ 18 miler
2 ~ 20 miler
1 ~ 26.25 miler
1 ~ 28 miler


I couldn't believe that I actually won.  Am I actually the craziest person out here?  


This is how it happens.


1.  I start a run.
2.  I reach a certain mile point but then decide to go a little longer.
3.  Ooops, I just went 13.51 miles, now I need to hit 14.
4.  Well, I'm at 14 so I might as well make it 15.
5.  Only 3 more miles, wouldn't it be cool to go 18?


You get the picture.  And now for my reward.




Oh yeah, be jealous, be very jealous.  I have wanted one of these bad boys for awhile.  I'm glad I can say I earned it.  Thank you EMZ!!!

It doesn't end there.  MissZippy also sent me her part of the prize.  A dark blue Micro-Tec fleece ear warmer.  It's awesome.  I'll definitely be putting this to good use.  Thank you!!!

Not only did I wear this all over town today while running errands, I rocked it at a mini Christmas gift exchange party.  It got a little wild, can you tell?  For the gift exchange we participated in a musical chairs competition.  Guess who won?  That's right.  I brought home a prize of four huge candy bars on top of a cute Christmas tree cupcake holder.  I think this shirt has super powers.  EMZ, you would be proud of my chair stealing speed today.  I'm thinking I need a tech version of this shirt so I can get my PR :)

Thanks again girls!!!



Check out this Giveaway

11 comments:

Unknown said...

you are dang right you EARNED that shirt! woo hoo
amazing 28 miles girl-that is impressive.
I usually shoot myself at 2.8

Terri said...

Dang - you are a machine!!! Nice shirt! :)

Karen Seal said...

This must be your lucky week! :0) Great job on the treadmill...wow...I don't think I could ever do that. You definitely earned the shirt!!! :0)

5 Miles Past Empty said...

HOLY CRAZY!! That is straight up nuts!! I'm impressed! And that shirt is totally worth it! =)

Emz said...

I'm with Terri -
you
are
a
freaking
machine.

28.
28????????????? miles. You are awesome woman! And love the "tech version" comment.

YAY YOU!!!!

Rae said...

Wow! You go girl! You look great in that shirt!

H Love said...

28!!! Dang girl! That is amazing!! How long did that take you?? You definitely earned your goodies!

Tricia said...

yep, youre crazy :)

KovasP said...

28 miles is impressive anytime, but more so on a treadmill. I'm going to just leave my treadmill on for a week on pause so that I can get a big total like that. I'm pretty sure that's what Em does.

Fruit Fly said...

Woohoo!! Those are some crazy miles - you totally earned that win!

I'm drooling (is that the right word??) over the fleece ear warmer thing. After last night's foggy, freezing run, I think I'm going to need to find something like that to keep my huge ears warm!

Congrats on being awesome!

Anonymous said...

I actually like the treadmill reasonably well, and I still can't believe it. I understand the one more mile mentality, but an ultra-run on a treadmill? You totally earned that win.