Thursday, December 30, 2010

What I've Been Up To

Christmas Vacation has brought more than I bargained for.  Here's a quick recap in pictures.

One of the best pics ever.  The look on Big M's face when she saw she had a DSi and the rest of the bunch as they responded.  Classic.

The next day is when we had the trees cut down in front of our house.  One was dead, the other dying, and the 3rd one was a last minute decision.  It would have soon been a problem so close to the house.
 Dead & Dying.  Not to be confused with Dumb & Dumber.
 After they were cut.
 Tree #3 close to the house.
 Tree #3 coming down.
 A very big mess. I'm so thankful we got the dead ones down before they took out our house.

A few days later we had Christmas #2 on Christmas Eve.
My Daddy.  A future 5K superstar.  He just doesn't know it yet.
Christmas #3
Christmas #4
This is what we did from daylight until dark on Christmas Day.  I'm sure our neighbors thought we were crazy.  And no, we didn't get the job finished that day.  We spent all day this past Wednesday doing it too.  Thanks to a few friends and family we were finally able to get it cut, split, and moved.  I burned lots of calories those days.

Speaking of burning calories, did Santa bring this to anyone else's house this year?
Big M and I started it one night and before we knew it we had been trying to take each other out for 4 hours.  I drank about a gallon of water.  Awesome workout.  Needless to say I was a little sore.  So if any of you are looking to spice up your cross training, I suggest a little logging and dancing :)

The girls and I also spent all day Tuesday at the hospital with my Uncle.  He's had a few health issues but the doctors switched some of his medicines a few weeks ago which caused fluid to build up around his heart.  He had two major heart attacks Tuesday.  I didn't think I would make it to the hospital in time to see him.  Luckily, I did and he is still hanging in there though the prognosis doesn't look good.  I'm just a tad stressed dealing with all of this.  It brings back lots of memories of my Mom in the hospital.  Any extra prayers would be appreciated.

Jason took the past two days off to finish the tree job and to spend some time with his girls.  We will be running the Year To Year 5K tomorrow night.  I'm so excited for that.  I have a slight obsession with the #11 so I'm pretty excited about this run and for 2011 in general.  I'm hoping for some pretty amazing things.

Thanks again to all of you who follow my crazy journey.  Welcome to my new followers!!!  I will have the Inperspire Giveaway results soon.  I am now officially over 200 followers!!!!  It really did make my Christmas.  To celebrate I have some pretty awesome giveaways in the works.  I hope you all had an amazing Christmas and have a safe and Happy New Year!!!!


No comments: