Tuesday, June 22, 2010

My Pace Or Yours?

Here's what I did this past weekend. More details later :)

I had to take my husband and FIL to the Portland Airport tonight. BTW~I LOVE flying and watching the airplanes. After dropping them off the girls and I made a quick stop at Sports Authority. I saw a shirt and had to have it. Luckily, it was on sale or it wouldn't have come home with me. I'm trying to save every penny I have for this weekend~can you say running Expo? It's a Nike Dry Fit t-shirt that is grey with yellow writing that says "My Pace" on the front and "Or Yours?" on the back. So far I have been unable to find a picture anywhere online. Too late for a pic tonight but I'll share soon.

The weather has finally changed for the better. At least today. I'm hoping it will be decent in the morning so I can take the girls over to the track so I can run outside. I'm really dreading my treadmill lately. I like the ones at Thorbecke's but I would have to pay extra to put my girls in the daycare while I workout. I'm just too cheap and I really don't want to expose the girls to all the germs now that school is out. I'm going to try and get a schedule going to hit the gym VERY early before Jason goes to work or VERY late at night. Either way I don't want to give up my cross training.

Only 2 days until the EXPO/Packet Pickup/Blogger Meet Up and 3 until the 1/2 Marathon. I'm really excited. I'm trying my best to go with the flow and not worry about my finish time. I'm so frustrated and embarrassed by the fact that I can't get faster. My knee issues really put a kink in my plans. I'm going to try and remain focused on the fact that I can even run at all and be thankful that my knee is better. As much as I want to do great on Saturday, I want to remain healthy even more. I am determined to stick to my training plan for Portland. If I do things right then maybe I will get my reward then. I am looking forward to meeting all of you who are coming to the dinner/Expo/race. It's almost overwhelming since I'm on my own for so many races. Several long time friends are running and my new blogger friends. It can't get much better.

Anyone who wants my cell number just e-mail or leave a comment on this post. I want to make sure and meet everyone I can. I plan on being in Seattle early on Friday. Can't wait!!!

4 comments:

Rene' said...

I just bought that same shirt at Sports Authority, it was the last one:) i love it and all the girls at the store were telling me how much they love it! good luck at your half and figuring out your workout schedule. i am in the same boat.

Marlene said...

I can't WAIT to hit up the expo for some shopping!!

See you on Friday!!

Evolving Through Running said...

Best of luck in your race! Just found your blog and was looking through some of your older posts. My wife and I are always looking for camps for our kids during the summer, and I never would have thought of a running camp. Maybe I could get them interested in their dad's favorite form of abuse (no chance converting my wife).
Hope your knee holds up well for you.

Pahla said...

That shirt is awesome!! I am so excited for you, what a great weekend you're going to have! Good luck on your half, I'm looking forward to hearing all about it!