Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Winterizing The Wieners


Some of you know that we have two other members of our family, Scout & Roxy. They are miniature dachshunds. Scout is 10 years old and has short hair. Roxy is 1 1/2 and has long hair. They normally live out in their huge kennel. With the temperatures getting so low I figured we'd better do something different so we wouldn't find frozen weiners one of these mornings. We brought their big travel kennel into the garage where we sacraficed one of our old sleeping bags to make it extra warm and cozy. We also draped it with an old blanket to try and hold some heat in. The garage isn't much better than outside but when I keep them in their kennel I at least know they aren't out freezing. I let them out every few hours to eat and make a trip outside. When it is 13 degrees out they tend to slow down. Scout really seems to have a hard time. I really think if they were out in that too long they wouldn't be able to move. Scout is always ready to head back in and dives quickly back into her sleeping bag.

Roxy is wild. She loves to run and play. This is her on one of her outside trips.

Makinley & Danny watch from the safety and warmth of the house.

No comments: