Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Snow Trip


When Jason got up this morning he said that Chehalis was going to be 2 hours late. I was pretty excited about that. Then it kept snowing and snowing. One by one all the other schools either cancelled or sent the kids home early. Not Chehalis and Centralia though. I was a little ticked about that. Chehalis always seems to send the kids out when the roads really are dangerous. So I got the girls ready and headed out. Jason took the Focus today so I could have the Explorer. This was our yard when we left.

A view of State Route 508 on the way into town.

The roads were scary but nothing like they were in town. They were terrible. People were driving like crazy and sliding everywhere. This is a pic of a street in Chehalis. They were all like this.

A picture of one of the many wrecks I saw today.

A view of the freeway just before Exit 71 on my way back home. It snowed all day long. The best part was the insane people passing me and others on 508 on the way back. They were sliding all over but yet wanting to go faster. I was very relieved to pull into the driveway.

1 comment:

Mommy of KraftyGang kids said...

I would NOT want to drive in that!!! YIKES! I don't even like driving in rain! LOL