Before I left this morning.
I'm happy overall with my training swim. At least I have an idea in my head how far we'll have to go on Saturday. Neither of us have wet suits so I'm thinking that will be extra motivation to swim faster. The weather outlook for us is not good. It will be an adventure and I'm fine with that. Bring it on!!!
What I Learned~
1. Swim caps are their own workout to put on. I need to remember to not wear earrings. Having them sucked into the side of my head is not helpful.
2. Ideally, I need a lot more time in the water. Learning how to breath, swim fast, and do it right is pretty important. Bonus for me....I love the water so I'm hoping that even if I'm super slow I won't get freaked.
3. Swim goggles will make you look silly for several hours after a swim. I'm sure the lack of sleep I got last night didn't help. Make-up isn't much of a help either. I looked a little odd this morning when I went to take pictures of the girls at school on their first day back. On the plus side, my goggles worked great and never leaked once.
Tonight is soccer practice for both girls. Once Jason can get there I'll be headed to Tressa's for our bike portion of the training day. I can't wait.
Tressa & I leaving the pool.
I couldn't help but notice how many of our awesome blog friends were in Woodinville yesterday. Tressa & I would love any support and any extra cheerleaders we could get. We have to do our transition set-up and packet pick-ups Saturday morning. Here is the website for our TRI HERE. It is at Cottage Lake in Woodinville. Tressa & I, along with the rest of our huge following our husbands have roughly a two hour trip which translates into getting up very early to make sure we get checked in, set-up, and make our pre-event meeting which is at 7:45AM.
We would LOVE to see you there!!!!

6 comments:
So completely impressed.
Such dedication. truly.
you are on to something...way to get up before the roosters!
Oh I would love to come cheer you on, but Woodinville is over an hour from my house... hmmmm.. Did you all decide if you are going to come to Tacoma the weekend of You Go Girl?
Way to go on your training swim!! Hope the bike ride was great too. Have fun this weekend!!
have a great race.
16 laps? I would die...seriously. My tri friends are trying to get me to come to the dark side...I am fighting them.
Good luck on your TRI!!! You guys are going to have so much fun!
Post a Comment