Thursday, September 2, 2010

Three Things Thursday


1.  Introducing my new treadmill ~ The NordicTrack T5 zi.  I complained yearned for a new treadmill since my old one was savagly drowned in the flood in January 2009.  This past weekend Jason and I had a few minutes to ourselves and found ourselves in Sears.  I am usually drawn to the treadmill area and today we found one.  They were all on sale anyway but the one we were looking at was not in stock so  they gave us a screaming deal on the floor model and we took it.  The way to my heart is not flowers and chocolates apparently but through blood, sweat, and tears :)  I'm hoping to leave out the blood and tears if at all possible.

We somehow got it home and unloaded.  Luckily, this eliminated the assembly part.  Thank goodness since I have read nightmare reviews on that part.  I shoved moved the old treadmill out of the way and quickly got my new baby set up.  I tossed on some running gear and shoes and was off on my first run.  I LOVE it.  No knee pain so far which is huge.  I can plug my iPod into the built in speakers so now I can save my eardrums and my headphones from sweat damage.  Plus, I won't accidently snag them and have my iPod fly clear across the garage.  I felt free!!!  Pretty cool since I was on a treadmill.

I'm hoping that with schedules being crazy now that I have a treadmill that isn't out to kill me I can get a quality workout in any time I want/need one.  What a sense of relief.  As much as I'd love to run outside I can't always make that happen with the girls.  A treadmill run is better than no run at all.  99.9% of all my training for my first Portland marathon was done on a treadmill.  That was also my fastest.  Coincidence???


Here's what one of the websites had to say ~


The NordicTrack T5 zi treadmill is simplicity and quality combined. It has a powerful motor that maintains its performance despite intensive workouts. The roomy treadbelt, the 325-lb. weight capacity and the FlexResponse cushioning system all provide a quiet, steady and comfortable workout experience. The NordicTrack T5 zi treadmill even allows you easy after-use storage through its SpaceSaver design.

When it comes to providing you with ultimate results in weight loss, the NordicTrack T5 zi treadmill comes with the innovative iFit workout card technology that automatically adjusts the speed and incline of the machine without interrupting your workout. Each card is designed by a certified personal trainer to ensure you maximum results. Not only that, there are 8 timed workouts providing you with 15-60 minutes workout time and 8 workouts providing you with 150-700 calories burned. You can never go wrong because your workout progress is just within your reach through the track-style display and multi-window LED display which features a 5x7 workout matrix. Added features of the NordicTrack T5 zi treadmill are the following: 1-touch speed and incline controls, compatible music port for iPod or mp3 player, Intermix Acoustics 2.0 sound system and a heart rate monitor. With all these features, you will surely achieve the goals you've always aspired for.



2.  Tri Training.  As most of you know, my awesome friend, Tressa, has convinced me to try a tri.  We will be participating on 9-11-10 in the Cottage Lake Tri in Woodinville.  I officially sent off my registration last week and as of yesterday have either purchased or ordered tri shorts, goggles, etc.  I somehow have to find a way to get over to Tressa's so I can get some more practice on Coach's bike, which I am using for the big day.  Even though I'm tall the bike seems a little high/big for me so it should be interesting to say the least.  I also have ZERO time in the water.  Even though I love the water and swimming I have no "swim style" or "form" which would be considered smooth or professional looking. If any of you are looking for an extremely entertaining event to watch, I think I have one for you :)


3.  Blah ~ That is how I have felt all week.  I'm sure I've just wore myself down.  I can't say I'm officially "sick" but I've been exhausted, had horrible headaches, and just had some symptoms that warn me that things could get worse if I keep pushing it.  I'm still getting my runs in and doing my challenge work but the length/power/determination is definitely down.  This is my last week/weekend with my girls before they start school on Tuesday.  We've been busy with last minute school shopping and soccer practices for both.  I can't imagine why I've been tired and overwhelmed.  I'm hoping that once school starts we can get into a good routine.  I have very little time before the Tri & Marathon...eeek!!!

7 comments:

track coach and adorable wife said...

My shorts and shirt are here, and I look rockin! Just call when you have time and we can try to work in a bike ride or two, and Jesse's seat can go down further!

Emz said...

YAY you!!

You will LOVE - LOVE - LOVE it!!

Awesome.

H Love said...

I wanna TRI to sometime...just need a buddy to take the plunge with!

Zoë said...

Love love love the new treadmill! Jealous of the iPod speakers.

Have fun with your first Tri!

Q said...

Oh I love that it has speakers built in, excellent!

BTW I've selected you for an award! You can pick it up on my page.

Anonymous said...

Woo-hoo on the new treadmill. Like you, sometimes it's the only way to get a run in (I have 3 kiddos).

The Boring Runner said...

COOOOOOOOL. I'm super jealous that you have a treadmill at your place!