It all started when I contacted Chris, from Skirt Sports. We ended up sharing several e-mails and a great conversation. It felt like I'd known her forever. Amazing how well you bond with someone who shares a love for something like you do. She sent me a couple items to review. Before we get to that, here is some info on the company and it's founder, Nicole DeBoom.
Skirt Sports Company Info
Nicole DeBoom, Skirt Sports CEO
Here at Skirt Sports, we like to think of Nicole DeBoom as our turbo-charged, high energy, fun-loving
leader. Hailing from the 'burbs of Chicago, Nicole's passion for fitness started at an early age when
she qualified for the 1988 Olympic Swimming Trials in the 100m breaststroke at 16. She went on to
swim varsity for Yale University and in 1999, Nicole made her professional triathlete debut.
leader. Hailing from the 'burbs of Chicago, Nicole's passion for fitness started at an early age when
she qualified for the 1988 Olympic Swimming Trials in the 100m breaststroke at 16. She went on to
swim varsity for Yale University and in 1999, Nicole made her professional triathlete debut.
Over the next several years she raced around the country securing first-place wins at major events
in Boulder, Chicago, and Memphis and rocked a 12th place finish at the legendary Hawaii Ironman
World Championship.
in Boulder, Chicago, and Memphis and rocked a 12th place finish at the legendary Hawaii Ironman
World Championship.
In September 2004, Nicole was on a training run when her love for fitness, desire to feel feminine
and entrepreneurial drive collided. One napkin sketch, a dozen inspirational words, and a few
hand-sewn skirt prototypes and Skirt Sports was born! A few weeks later, Nicole raced on to a victory
at Ironman Wisconsin wearing the world's first-ever women's running skirt.
and entrepreneurial drive collided. One napkin sketch, a dozen inspirational words, and a few
hand-sewn skirt prototypes and Skirt Sports was born! A few weeks later, Nicole raced on to a victory
at Ironman Wisconsin wearing the world's first-ever women's running skirt.
The fitness market quickly took note of her ground-breaking design and Nicole went on to pioneer a
new product category in the industry. Over the next five years, Nicole's leadership has grown Skirt Sports
into a women's fitness powerhouse with a full collection of styles including dresses, outerwear,
accessories and more now sold in over 400 specialty retail stores throughout the U.S.
new product category in the industry. Over the next five years, Nicole's leadership has grown Skirt Sports
into a women's fitness powerhouse with a full collection of styles including dresses, outerwear,
accessories and more now sold in over 400 specialty retail stores throughout the U.S.
In 2007, Nicole launched the Skirt Chaser 5K race series nationally and in 2009, she received a
40-Under-40 award from Sporting Goods Business. So whether you're into running, walking, hiking, yoga,
weight-lifting, dancing, flirting, tennis, shopping, soccer-mom carpooling, running errands, gardening or
meeting the girlfriends for coffee, Nicole definitely has you in mind when she's dreaming up the next
generation of Skirt Sports.
40-Under-40 award from Sporting Goods Business. So whether you're into running, walking, hiking, yoga,
weight-lifting, dancing, flirting, tennis, shopping, soccer-mom carpooling, running errands, gardening or
meeting the girlfriends for coffee, Nicole definitely has you in mind when she's dreaming up the next
generation of Skirt Sports.
SKIRT SPORTS COMMITMENT TO WOMEN
Women should never have to sacrifice femininity for performance in their workout clothes. This principle
guided founder, Nicole DeBoom to create the industry's first running skirt and is upheld in each Skirt Sports
product. Every design line flatters a woman's body and each fabric is chosen for luxury performance. And
of course, there is a bit of attitude sewn into each piece. The collections are designed and tested by women
ranging from professional athletes to weekend warriors and continue to push the limit with fashionable
performance wear. There is a Skirt Sports product for every woman, and you will find each style has a
personality of its own.
guided founder, Nicole DeBoom to create the industry's first running skirt and is upheld in each Skirt Sports
product. Every design line flatters a woman's body and each fabric is chosen for luxury performance. And
of course, there is a bit of attitude sewn into each piece. The collections are designed and tested by women
ranging from professional athletes to weekend warriors and continue to push the limit with fashionable
performance wear. There is a Skirt Sports product for every woman, and you will find each style has a
personality of its own.
THE STORY
The idea for Skirt Sports was born in December 2003. As summarized by our founder, Nicole DeBoom:
"I was having a crummy day so I did what I usually do," she recalls. "I went running." The run was restoring
sanity to DeBoom's day until she glimpsed her reflection in a store window. "Damn, I look like a boy
again," she fretted. Followed by one of her almost daily laments. "Why can't I look sexy when I work out?
Why can't I feel like an athlete and a woman?" Then, a flash of divine fashion inspiration. "This is the
moment I first thought of Skirt Sports. I thought, wouldn't it be cool to give women the chance to have very
functional and performance driven sportswear that was still sexy, sporty and fun? No matter what level of
athlete you are, we all want to look good while we're working at looking and feeling better."
"I was having a crummy day so I did what I usually do," she recalls. "I went running." The run was restoring
sanity to DeBoom's day until she glimpsed her reflection in a store window. "Damn, I look like a boy
again," she fretted. Followed by one of her almost daily laments. "Why can't I look sexy when I work out?
Why can't I feel like an athlete and a woman?" Then, a flash of divine fashion inspiration. "This is the
moment I first thought of Skirt Sports. I thought, wouldn't it be cool to give women the chance to have very
functional and performance driven sportswear that was still sexy, sporty and fun? No matter what level of
athlete you are, we all want to look good while we're working at looking and feeling better."
IMPORTANT DATES
September 12, 2004: Nicole DeBoom wins Ironman Wisconsin wearing a prototype of the original
Transition Girl, now called the Race Belt Skirt.
- September 15, 2004: Skirt Sports was incorporated under the laws of the State of Colorado.
- February 11, 2005: First skirt sold at a health club in Austin, Texas during a photo shoot.
- February 13, 2005: Official launch at the Freescale Marathon in Austin, Texas.
- February15, 2005: First skirt sold at a retail store, Fleet Feet Boulder.
- April 8, 2005: Website launch.
I was so excited when my package came in the mail. I immediately opened it up and tried on everything.
Every piece felt amazing on and I couldn't wait to take them on test runs. Of course, I live in Washington and
the weather has gone from end of Summer straight to Winter-like conditions. With that comes all the rain.
Not that I mind it all the time but I really wanted a few action photos for this post. After a couple days I gave
up and went running in my new stuff. Luckily, Chris was smart and sent more Fall/Winter type items for me to
review.
Happy Hour Skirt~Black
The Runners Dream Long Sleeve fit perfectly. It has great length in the torso and sleeves. The material
feels great. During my run, the weather was a mix of light rain and cool temperatures. I was happy that
with the combination of me sweating and the rain, I never once felt wet or weighed down in any way. It
wicked the moisture like a dream. A huge bonus for me. It is a lightweight shirt with an added bonus of
thumb holes. I LOVE it. Now I need it in all the colors.
The Lotta Breeze Capris feel amazing on. The waist fits great and holds everything in. It makes you feel
better about yourself even before working out. The material feels great on these as well and once again is
moisture wicking. If I can go on a run and not come back completely soaked then I'm wearing some good
stuff. It offers enough coverage to stay warmer on the cooler days but I was never hot. Built in pockets in
the capris with a cute skirt for coverage. The perfect combo.
The Happy Hour Skirt is the longest skirt in the Skirt Sports line. It is longer than any other skirt I have worn
which is nice so that way you can use it for anything. Wear it shopping, running, hiking, etc. It fits perfectly
just like the Lotta Breeze Capris. Even though it was longer it never caused any issues while running.
Excellent moisture wicking. It has built in compression shorties that feel great.
I would highly recommend any of these items to anyone. The fit feels amazing when you have them on.
Made of very high quality material. Not only do they make you look great, they do their job and keep you
comfortable as well. If you noticed my outfit for my TRI, I was wearing all Skirt Sport items for that. If you
missed it, check out my post and pictures HERE. I am now a Skirt Sports fan for life.
Made of very high quality material. Not only do they make you look great, they do their job and keep you
comfortable as well. If you noticed my outfit for my TRI, I was wearing all Skirt Sport items for that. If you
missed it, check out my post and pictures HERE. I am now a Skirt Sports fan for life.
Now for the part you've been waiting for. THE GIVEAWAY!!!!!!!! Chris was awesome enough
to offer one of my blog followers the chance to win their very own Happy Hour Skirt.
to offer one of my blog followers the chance to win their very own Happy Hour Skirt.
Here's how to enter.
1. Mandatory~ Become a follower of my blog or let me know if you already are.
7. Post about this giveaway on your blog, Facebook or Twitter. Leave a comment for each.
BONUS ENTRIES ~ Remember, if you donate $20 or more to 100 Miles For Kids HERE you get 10 bonus
entries. If you do, please let me know.
Winner will be chosen using random.org. Entries will be accepted until midnight on Wednesday,
September 29th and winner announced on Thursday, September 30th. Good Luck!!!
entries. If you do, please let me know.
Winner will be chosen using random.org. Entries will be accepted until midnight on Wednesday,
September 29th and winner announced on Thursday, September 30th. Good Luck!!!
I was trying to show the zip pocket on the back but it ended up looking bootylicious.




151 comments:
I am already a follower.
They just launched the 10:05 line of post-workout gear.
Linked to my sidebar @ running42km.blogspot.com
I learned that they have more than just running attire.
I linked to your giveaway on my blog!
I learned that SS are the inventors of the running skirt!
I'm a SS FB fan
I tweeted @teamarcia
I follow SS on twitter
And now I follow you on twitter too--congrats on 100+!
I'm a follower!!! : )
love how you can shop by sport!
now following you on twitter!
tweeted!
I'm a follower!
I follow Skirt Sports on Facebook!
I follow "Impossible is Nothing" on Facebook.
I own several Skirt Sports items. I started with the running apparel, and then bought a few biking items when I discovered them on their web site. Everything fits like a dream!
I learned their products are sold in many stores (I'm already on their newsletter and never realized that!).
Added a link to this on my blog
I will follow, I love the skirt, it was awesome.
I'm already a follower!
I learned that they are the inventors of the running skirt!hot
I follow you on Twitter (@RunAttitude)
I linked you on my blog sidebar
Also tweeted!
I'm a follower!
I love that the company was founded by a prof triathlete. go tri's!!
oh, and love that the models have rock hard, KA bodies! dang!
will go and link on my blog sidebar now...
I learned from the website that there was a skirt chaser 5k race in Minneapolis last weekend but it was canceled. I wish I had known about it earlier. I would have signed up for the race.
I am heading over to link the giveaway on my blog.
I'm a new follower.
I learned that they have more than just skirts, and that I already have one of their skirts. It is my favorite. I didn't make the connection at first.
I posted a link to the giveaway on my blog.
I'm following you on Twitter.
I'm following Skirt Sports on Twitter.
CUTE GEAR! Love the pics. I'm a follower!
Just checked out the website... I love that the "10:05" pants are named after the founder's winning Ironman time! (and those look awesome, btw)
I like SS on FB!
now following SS on Twitter! (@marleneruns)
already follow you on Twitter (@marleneruns)
the link to your FB page is not working for me :(
I'm a follower =o)
I learned from visiting their website that there is a store right down the street from my work! Woo-Hoo!
I am a follower, you know it!
I learned that Outside Magazine Names Skirt Sports Gym Girl Ultra Among 'The Year's Best Gear'! That is pretty cool.
I like you on fb
I posted the giveaway on my blog!
I am already a follower! :)
I'm a new follower. Glad to be here!
I learned that Skirt Sports is also having a giveaway on their website!
I posted about this giveaway on my blog!
I learned that the have plus sizes! Me, being a beginner runner, needs this! :)
I am a fan Skirt Sports on Facebook! :)
I follow Skirt Sports on Twitter! :)
I follow you on Twitter! :)
I am a Fan of "Impossible Is Nothing" on Facebook! :) And I added you to my blog's Page Favorites! :)
I facebooked the giveaway on my Blog's facebook here: http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-Runners-Heart/149561665059436?ref=ts
Became a fan of 'impossible is nothing' on FB :)
Now following SportSkirts on Twitter @PrincessATP
Following windyrunner on Twitter :)
Following windyrunner on Twitter :)
Tweeted for your giveaway
Did a short blog post for your giveaway http://christalespelage.blogspot.com/2010/09/sportskirt-giveaway.html
I'm a follower!
already *like* SkirtSports on Facebook.
Now I like you on facebook (sorry, I have no twitter)
Went to the website... loving this new 10:05 pants line. Cool! Love that one of their events is Hike for Youth.
Gonna link on my blog... it'll be there in a couple.
I like that they have more than just skirts on their website.
I posted a link on my blog
I am a follower!
I learned that they have a happy butt dance contest. I need to enter that!
I like you on FB
I like Skirt Sports on FB
FOLLOWER!
I don't think I could learn anything new about this company! I've been a fan of Nicole and Skirt Sports for years now.
You're on my sidebar!
I'm already a fan of SkirtSports on FB.
I am a follower!
I'm a follower!
They have dresses! That is AWESOME!
Visited website, learned that I like the Runner's Dream Spinnin shirt.
I follow the on Twitter!
And I linked to your contest on my sidebar!
I put a link on my blog at 261milesleft.blogspot.com!
I am a follower
I follow you on twitter (LauraRMuise)
I didn't know about SS...great site and products...love the tops!
I follow SS on twitter.
i'm a new follower!
already a follower
the 10:05 collection is named after the nicole deboom who won ironman wisconsin wearing skirt sports gear...won it in 10:05...pretty freakin cool!!!
follow you on twitter @jogforjoubert
and follow skirt sports on twitter
follow you on facebook (laura b)
and posted on thumbs up thursday!
I love that they are having a Happy Butt Dance Contest and that cracks me up!
New follower - thaks for your follow as well!
I learned their new line is named after Nicole's winning IMoo time!
I am a follower!
I like SkirtSports on facebook!
I like Impossible is Nothing on facebook!
I learned that I can go try on some stuff at Foot Traffic in Portland before I buy :)
I'm a follower!
I like Skirt Sports on FB
They do the Skirt Chaser 5Ks and they're the inventor of the running skirt. So cool!
I am a follower.
I listed your giveaway on my blog!
I learned that SS has the awesome Kendell line that benefits the LLS.
I am a SS FB fan.
New follower of your journey.
The 10:05 pant runs a full size big.
Giveaway listed on my blog sidebat
I Follow as Chris
I learned that right now they are having a "Happy But Dance" contest...how fun is that?
Skirt Sports FB fan!
I follow skirtsports on twitter as @stickyprints
I follow you on twitter too
I like you on facebook
Hi! I found your blog via I Run Because I Can and became a follower!
I have been a die hard Running Skirts fan so I've never looked at Skirt Sports before so everything is new to me!
I'm a fan of SS on FB.
I'm a fan of yours on FB.
i am a follower
i learned that ss products are sold in 9 countries outside the US
i follow you on twitter @erica_h
i linked back
I'm a follower.
Oh my, I love the Kendall collection. Very nice!
I'm a fan on fb
Liked you on fb
I'm a follower! LOVE your blog!
I learned that Skirt Sports makes my favourite (pink!) cycling jersey! Just put 2 and 2 together - will definitely be ordering more of these now I know where to find them!
I like Skirt Sports on facebook!
following blog!
they just launched the new product line that looks like real clothes but are for working out!
I am a new follower :)
your giveaway is linked on my blog at milesmusclesmommyhood.blogspot.com
WOW! I am SO glad I found your blog post~I just LOVE their stuff and it is so super cute!!
This is definitely what I have been looking for and not finding.
I love their tri shorts and will be ordering a pair!!
I also entered for a chance to win in the monthly giveaway :)
I'm a follower!
I learned that they have SUPER cute running clothes!! Holy cow! Definately going to be spending some time and money there!
I like you on Facebook
I like skirtsports on facebook
I learned that they have more items than just running clothes.
rrudnick@netnet.net
I'm a follower!
I learned that Skirt Sport is the inventor of the running skirt!
I posted a link in my sidebar!
I liked Skirt Sport on FB!
I liked "Impossible is Nothing" on FB!
They are in Boulder, Co, and their warehouse is less than a mile from where I work.
Post a Comment