Thursday, September 23, 2010

Three Things Thursday


1.  I've been pretty lucky in bloggy land lately.  I've won several giveaways and I'm so very thankful.  As we all know shoes, clothing, race entries, etc. can really add up.  Having a family, as most of you do, you have to be careful to make it all work without putting a strain on the family budget.  Each item that I win, no matter big or small, is one less thing I have to buy.  I've been dealing with some huge stress and lack of marathon training on top of it.  Winning a giveaway is a huge event for me.  I'm so thankful each time I do.  I won these Pride Socks from Running Diva Mom.  Aren't they cute?  I LOVE funky socks.  I wish I had more of these.  My girls do, too :)




2.  The Great Columbia Crossing.  This is a 10K Run/Walk that will take place on Sunday, October 3rd.  This is an event I have always wanted to do.  Many times it is the same weekend as the Portland Marathon and it's on a Sunday.  Two factors that effect my ability to run it.  The course takes you over the Columbia River.  The bridge rises 205 feet.  You start on the Washington side and cross the bridge (4.1miles) over to the finish in Astoria, Oregon.  No race day entries but you still have time to register by mail or online.  Check out the website for more info.

3.  Speaking of Astoria, last weekend was the Commercial Fisherman's Festival.  I promised my girls months ago that I would take them.  We are friends with Mike Fourtner (Time Bandit) from the Deadliest Catch.  We knew the other guys would be there so we decided it would be a great family day trip.

F/V Northwestern ~ Edgar Hansen / Jake Anderson
F/V Wizard ~ Crosby LeVeen

F/V Cornelia Marie ~ Josh & Jake Harris

F/V Time Bandit ~ Captain Andy Hillstrand, Captain Johnathan Hillstrand, Scotty Hillstrand, & Mike Fourtner.

Before we left Astoria we drove up to the Astoria Column.  We decided to run up the whole thing.  The girls did great and had a blast.  Even though it was raining at this point the view from the top was still amazing.  It was fun and I managed to get some cross training in at the same time.  My calves are still unimpressed :)  Thank goodness for my CEP compression socks.


Don't forget my 100+ Follower Celebration Giveaway HERE.  Don't miss your chance to win a Happy Hour Running Skirt from Skirt Sports.

9 comments:

Rae said...

Love the socks! Congrats on your wins!

I am soooo jealous that you know Deadliest Catch guys. That is so awesome! I love that show!

AM! said...

those are really cute socks. like em';)

Marlene said...

Awesome socks! Congrats on the wins. I'm on a bit of a lucky streak right now too. :) Will have to post my goodies soon.

The bridge race looks awesome! I loved runing on the bridge at Seattle RnR.

Emz said...

Okay you had me at sock.

The socks.
Rock.

track coach and adorable wife said...

You are totally on a lucky streak so at least I never have to hear you complain about being a loser again!

gmontalvo13 said...

congrats on your wins! if you love giveaways you should check the one on my blog, a friend is giving away AWESOME prizes for a great cause!

Anonymous said...

I have definitely noticed your lucky winning steak!

I am super jealous of the Deadliest Catch photos... Those guys rock!

Fruit Fly said...

LOVE those socks!! And I am really tempted to do that 10K next weekend now. It is a bit far for me to drive, but ya never know. I might get a whim and do it! Congrats on your cute win!
~RR

The Boring Runner said...

LOVE the pictures!! You got to meet all the guys. Jake/Josh look like they're doing really well - I hope they are able to figure 'stuff' out.

Very cool run too