As a lot of you know I am a huge fan of the Portland Marathon. The whole experience is amazing. I ran my first 5K in April 2006 and came home after that to immediately sign up for my first Portland Marathon that October. I was on a roll that year and after lots of research felt comfortable going for it since so many women participate and I knew I could walk/jog/run whenever I needed to since so many walk it as well.
I was on my own that first marathon so I was pleasantly surprised at the entertainment and the crowd/fan/volunteer support along the entire course. I was never bored and it helped to distract me and make the time pass quickly. Even typing about it, I'm smiling.
This blog has been a huge blessing. I've made so many wonderful running friends. It was awesome to get to do our blogger meet-up in June before the Rock-n-Roll Seattle Marathon & Half. Tall Mom did a great job. I was hoping that we could all get together again for Portland. The EXPO is fun, great food is everywhere, and the city is beautiful this time of year. Between the train and hotels being so close to everything it should be easy to get together.
Let's see who is running Portland.
1. Let me know who you are. Name, blog, etc.
2. Is this your first time running Portland? Where are you staying?
3. Anyone else interested in getting together?
Here is what I know so far.
I'll be staying at University Place. Very inexpensive but clean. They have given me a discount each year I come back. We've stayed there for other races as well. Safe place to leave the car parked during the race. About 1/2 mile walk to the start/finish area. Jason & I will be heading to Portland very early on Saturday to enjoy the time. This is a huge weekend for me.
Harmony at Keep On Keeping On will be running her first marathon in Portland. She has a great giveaway in the works right now. Check it out.
Tressa & Jesse a.k.a. Track Coach & Adorable Wife will be there to support me and keep Jason from getting too bored while they wait for me to finish. They were also there for me in 2008. Awesome friends. Maybe next year we can get Tressa to run the half :)
Melanie a.k.a Tall Mom On The Run will be in Portland for her RRCA coaching class on 10/8 & 10/9. I really hope we'll get to hang out and to also have her there to cheer us/coach us. She is such an inspiration and huge motivator.
I've heard and read about several more of you out there running Portland. If you are or know another blogger that is, let me know. We still have some time to plan. I'm looking forward to sharing one of my favorite races with other people I know. Way more exciting.
So Check In & Let Me Know How Training Is Going & What Your Plans Are!!!!


7 comments:
That is such a great and positive story and you are bubbling over in praise - I want to sign up too!
But alas ... I'm just a wannabe and have not run my first race yet.
But this sounds like it could be one of the ones I would pick to do!
Hi Stacie! I will be down in Portland for the same class as Tall Mom! Hope to get to cheer you on.
I should be rolling in with my running buddy early Sat. afternoon. Keep me posted.
Amanda at 5 Miles to Empty and Sarah one of the Authors of Run Like a Mother... Will have to think on others.. Add me to the list. You have my info. I am staying with my in-laws in Vancouver. Will be cheering in running clothes and possibly hop in for a few miles.. I think class gets over 5 or 6
Hi Stacie. I'm running too! So excited to hear how much you love that race. www.marathonmoments.blogspot.com I live in the Vancouver area. My nieces 1st bday party is saturday evening but I hope I can stop by a bloggy meet up. I would be happy to help you get something together, even if I can't be there very long.
My friend Ashley is also running,
www.inspiredmilesofamom.blogspot.com
I so wanted to do this.
Little late on the sign up.
Have a blast!!
Sounds like fun! Hope you have a blast!
Hey Stacie! You've won something on my blog -- please check it out and send me your contact info. Congrats, and thanks for following my journey!!
Post a Comment