I completed my first TRI on 9/11 and loved it. The feeling of being on the bike and actually being fast was a nice change. Once I figured out that you could pass, it was game on. The run was also another surprise. Once I could feel my legs again, I realized that I was passing people again. It was an amazing feeling I don't often get to have.
After my first bike ride with Tressa, I also realized how much I loved riding a bike. No more constant pounding on my body and the feel of the wind felt great. After that first ride I was already figuring out a way to get a bike. The cross training benefits alone would be worth it.
One of my husbands co-workers has a bike he is trying to sell. He let Jason bring it home so I could try it out. I took it for a ride yesterday morning. I know it still needs some adjusting. For some reason I was freaked out on the main road. Apparently, I got use to riding Jesse's bike :) The shifting is different with this bike so I was trying to balance, figure out gears, and deal with my back end hurting all at the same time. The sun that was out went away and a thick, wet mist was not making it fun either. I decided to just turn around and head back home. I had highs and lows the whole ride. A huge bonus is that I can actually get my feet into the bike pedals. Tressa should be proud :)
I'm hoping to get another ride in today. I don't want to give up until I ride it a few times. It would be nice to get it fitted correctly to me. A bike shop could let me know if it would even work for me. We don't exactly have the funds to get a bike right now but if we could work something out I think it would be a good deal.
For all of you who ride, what do you think??? Do you think this bike would work for me? Any suggestions on what I should do? Any help would be appreciated.
Getting ready for a run today. Trying to get everything accomplished.
6 comments:
Awesome that you have discovered a love for biking! Hope the new wheels work out.
What size is it? and Jesse wants to know if the aero bars are clip on, he wants to buy them from you! You can always come over with it and Jesse can check you out on it and see what he thinks. Yay for Stacie getting a bike!
I'm all for new things. ;)
Sorry I'm no help here but if I can get something new . . . why not. ;)
It'd be nice if you can have a bike that is made for a woman, and fits right! You want to be comfortable with the bike you end up with, so you can focus on your race, instead of on it. :)
Unless you're taller than average, I'd guess that it's a little bit big for you even with the seat all the way down.
Having a bike that has been fit to you makes a huge difference. I'd see about getting a bike fitting at a local shop with that bike to see what they can do to make you more comfortable on it before you decide.
Also, keep in mind that the bike is a little older and somewhat worn. You'll be replacing parts much sooner than you would with a new bike. It looks like it's old enough that you might have trouble getting some of the same parts that it currently has, which forces bigger upgrades than planned.
I'd say it depends on your budget and how serious you are about Triathlon right now. It could be a good starter bike to see if the sport is for you. Don't get caught up in missing out on a deal if the friend wants to sell it soon. There are hundreds of great bikes out there for sale just waiting for you. :)
Food for thought.
Keep us posted.
I'm always for new stuff!! But, I have NO idea about bikes. I'd go with your gut. And when that fails you, just go for it!
Post a Comment