Thursday, June 16, 2011

Three+ Things Thursday


Fancy Cupcake Surprise From J

1.  Yesterday was my birthday!!!!  As an added bonus and fun fact, it was also J's birthday.  I just happen to be a year older.  We ended up having a couple friends come over to roast some marshmallows.  We also watched the Stanley Cup Finals.  Yes, we are quite the party animals.  I'm pretty happy with the way the day ended.  It actually kinda felt like my birthday.  It made getting older and bumping up into the next age bracket a little less painful.  Plus, look at the cute hat my BFF got me. 



2.  I'm not looking forward to run #3.  It's the Beach To Chowder Challenge Half Marathon in Long Beach, WA.  I ran it last year and decided I wouldn't run it again :)  Funny what you'll do if you are motivated enough.  It doesn't start until 9am and the course runs long.  This will be my 3rd run with hills.  Granted these aren't really hills but imagine 13+ miles of paved sand dunes in various sizes ~ over & over & over.  Blah!!!  Tomorrow is the last day of school for M & M so I'll be picking them up, then picking up my Mom, and we'll be headed to the beach.  I'm sad that J won't be there but I guess a mini overnight girl trip will work just fine.
Baby Emmitt

3.  Check out one of our kittens.  He knows how to take a nap.  This is how I've felt all week.  Between running, helping out at the school, errands, working out, and all the rest of my "chores" I've been exhausted.  The fact that I've fallen asleep while watching TV the past two nights is evidence.  I never take naps.  I'm hoping the extra rest will help me survive this Saturday.

4.  Wellness Challenge Results ~ Weight lost 5 pounds.  Nothing to write home about but since I haven't been losing anything this whole challenge, I'll take it.  I also worked out like a crazy person before I weighed out.  I won't find out until tomorrow or Monday if I won anything.  I did 3+ workouts each week, and did all the other bonus point options.  I had to have gained some muscle so I'll get a few points for that.  Keep your fingers crossed.  If I can win some $ I'll enjoy the Seattle Rock-N-Roll Expo even more :)
The camera was a bit too close.  Maybe it's a sign of my old age :)

Don't forget my BIC Bands Giveaway HERE.  Giveaway ends June 22nd!!!!

11 comments:

LB said...

Hope u has a happy birthday!!!!

Julia said...

Happy (late) birthday!! :) That kitten is adorable! good luck in your half this weekend!

Jill@Run for the Hills said...

How long was the challenge? I need something to kick me into gear. I've been stuck weight wise for 2 months now. Ugg.

Again, good luck on your half!

stoppingfordaisies said...

Hope you had a great birthday!!

Lauren said...

Happy late birthday!

Just found your blog and I am now a follower! :)

Johann said...

Happy Birthday! I'm a big cupcake sucker. Falling asleep while watching TV is one way I know I need to get more sleep. I use it as a measure when I'm in peak training.

Laura said...

Kitten? cuteness overload!
I love me some cupcakes...and marshmallows.

fancy nancy said...

Happy happy happy late birthday!!! Way to go on the weight loss!!! You worked it!

Unknown said...

Happy belated birthday! Super cute hat. And that cupcake looks awesome! :)

When is the run? Sounds challenging. It is funny how the brain blocks out bad memories! :) You'll do great!

Rose @ Eat, Drink, and Be Meiri said...

Happy birthday!

That kitten is friggen ADORABLE!

And congrats on the weight loss!

Fruit Fly said...

How cute is your kittie?!?!?! That is awesome!

I love that you and J have the same birthday! Biker Boy is November 5th, I'm November 4th - but he's a cradle robber and 2 years older than I am.


Okay - so hills. You can do it! You did it last week and got that PR, so this weekend could be just as good!
**Seattle won't be like these last two, right? So you have that to look forward to! **And if it IS really hilly, maybe like to me and say it isn't. I looked at elevation - it looks like just 2 hills?