That's right, we're famous.
J thought it would be great to kick off one of my favorite days of the year by snoring all night long. Seriously, I can usually We arrived just after the Expo opened at 10AM. First stop was the bathroom. I was headed to wash my hands and noticed a cute little boy. Guess what? He belonged to Kerrie :) First person I ran into I actually knew in the bathroom. Funny. We wasted no time in the picture taking process.
Kerrie & I
Kerrie was nice enough to snap a pic of us before heading down into the madness.
As soon as we got downstairs we met up with several other ladies you might recognize ~ Mel, Chelsea, & Tri-ing To Be Athletic.
There were many others there that I somehow didn't catch pics of ~ Amanda, Jill, & Jess. I know I'm missing people. Sorry :( Let me know who you are and I will link you in.
Kerrie picking up her bib. Luckily, she realized they gave her the wrong one and she got it exchanged.
I was super excited when I saw the finisher's medal for the half marathon. Green baby!!!
Mel & I.
I had many comments on my RUN EMZ shirt. Check out her blog HERE. She rocks.
Brooks had a contest running for the best photo. Each hour they chose a winner. Our porta potty pose below won us each a Seattle RNR Shot Glass.
Feeling Tall
Somehow we lucked out and saw our friends Clarissa & Doug on our way to get a late lunch. Clarissa was running her 2nd & Doug his first half.
They had several fun photo ops throughout the Expo. We took advantage of that. Still waiting on the RNR themed shots. Can't wait for them to email those.
Part of the deal to get J to put up with all this running and mostly female crowd was a seafood bribe. Unfortunately for me, for him to get the seafood bucket at The Crab pot, two orders had to be made. It's the most expensive fish I've ever had :) I'm not a huge fan of shellfish. I won't gross you out on what I think of it. I only ate a few shrimp after the eyeballs were removed. I did eat a couple pieces of corn and potatoes. I didn't want to eat much anyway since we were less than 2 hours until the blogger dinner.Not a fan of food that arrives looking back at you.
After we ate we were actually hoping to save time and energy by getting a cab back to the Expo to get our car and head to Tukwila(Blogger Dinner.) Of course, not a cab could be found so we just booked it back as soon as we could. I was bummed to not grab a couple things I had wanted at the Expo. That's what I get for waiting and then running out of time. I'm notorious for those things. Someday I'll learn.
We safely made it back to the Expo and hopped in the car where I proceeded to strip off my RUN EMZ shirt and toss on top #2. That's all I had time for and all I can hope is that there weren't cameras in the parking garage close enough to get a shot of that scene.
I'll leave you with that until blogger dinner post :)










12 comments:
Luckily, J can be bribed! Looking forward to the rest of your report. That expo looks like fun. I thought you guys won VIP porta potty passes...I guess shot glasses are okay too.
Nice recap! I do not remember that drinking pic being taken :P
Thanks for the shout out!
Haha! I was thinking, "Seafood the night before a race? Ugh." But now I get it. Thanks so much for the pics lady!
love all your pics!! the expo looks awesome! and I totally agree about food that looks back at you ;)
Looks like you had a lot of fun at the expo. Love all the pic's.
Fun!! I'm not sure how I didn't see you at the expo! We were there at the potty at 9:30, then wandered around to the main line outside, went in right at 10. Perhaps we were so busy getting every free thing we could that we just missed everybody. I freaking LOVED that expo! I definitely think I'm a RnR 1/2 type of girl. Loved the expo atmosphere, loved the race, loved the concert. . . LOVED it!
Love your photos, too! We didn't get many there - mostly pictures of me in my short skirt propped up on the KT Tape table. I think I accidentally gave some poor runners a free show. Oops!
Oh! I wanted to go to the crab pot but didn't have time! Love all the photos!
I love this.
Soooooooo wish I could have met up with you at the expo.
you. are.way. too. cool. for. me. seriously.
Adore you.
THANK YOU for all the FUn pictures Stacie!! Always a pleasure to see you and your sweet hubby.. HUGS!!
Looks like you guys had a ton of fun at the expo!
Glad I could meet you at the dinner!
oh my gosh, I just found your blog and LOVE IT! So motivating :)
Your Seattle recap is awesome! Congrats to you and your friends! My hubby and I just made the Houston half and I'm already making myself sick thinking about it...ha, but with blogs like this, I can't help but find motivation and courage! THANKS! Newest follower!!!
That looks like so much fun, how neat!
Post a Comment