Thursday, June 9, 2011

Three Things Thursday

1.  Kim and I were originally planning on wearing our Half Fanatic shirts last Saturday at the Run For The Roses Half Marathon.  Unfortunately, I didn't have one yet and the Half Fanatic store was under construction.  I ordered one as soon as it opened back up and guess what was in my mailbox when I came home Saturday after the race?  I love it.  I'm thinking I'm going to wear it for race #4 at RNR Seattle.  It will be my official 4 Moon Fanatic Race so it seems fitting.  What do you think?

2.  Race #2 of 4 is Saturday.  I'll be running the Helvetia Half Marathon in Hillsboro, Oregon.  I've heard stories of more hills.  I checked out the course info and the good part is that it looks like after Mile 8 it gets better.  We'll see about that.

3.  I forgot to add that even though I finished 83rd out of 95 people at the Run For The Roses, I managed to chick 3 guys.  Two of them were younger than me.  It's the small victories that count :)

16 comments:

Q said...

Good luck on Saturday, and congrats on chicking the younger boys!

I'd wear the shirt for sure.

H Love said...

You are so pretty! you are doing awesome!! go girl!

Unknown said...

That shirt fits you perfectly. Dang that we couldn't wear them on Saturday (although we did look stellar anyway!)

Biker Boy said...

Nice work on chicking the boys!

Anonymous said...

Good luck on your weekend race

Richelle said...

That shirt looks great on you. My Half Fanatic singlet is too big on me.

NattyBumpo said...

I don't know that I'm that crazy yet....shhhh there might be a 50K in my future next year about this time....shhh.

juanitagf said...

Maybe I will see you at Helvetia on Saturday! My plan is to give it all I have after the hills...we shall see how that goes! Sounds like there needed a bit more planning by the race directors...yikes on the lack of fluids! The signs are great!

The Green Girl said...

I think wearing the shirt will be perfect! Sorry it came later than you'd hoped.

Congratulations on chicking! I want to experience that just once so I can see what it feels like. Oh, wait, that would require me passing someone. Ha!

Anonymous said...

You should get a "You've Been Chicked" sticker! Contact me if you want one - free, of course:

jamesdavid (at) sbcglobal (dot) net

fancy nancy said...

Way to chick!!! I did it in my last race and was so psyched!!!

I love the shirt...you've earned it....wear it with pride!!!

Marlene said...

Great shirt! Sounds like RnR is the perfect race to debut it. GOod luck at the half this weekend!

Shellyrm ~ just a country runner said...

Great photo! Your shirt looks like a perfect fit.

You were one of 95 people who choose to get up off their butts that day! WoooHooo! Huge victories!

Average Woman Runner said...

Love the half fanatic shirt! I have yet to wear my new singlet (I'm a mere 1 moon).

Good luck this weekend!!!!!!!!

Still Running said...

I was 90th out of 95th in my first half last year, one that sucked as much as yours did! Hills, sun, heat. My learning -- don't sign up for such small half-marathons!

Good for you for soldiering through.

Fruit Fly said...

Lovely shirt! I say wear it - then I can know what I'm looking for in a couple weeks in the midst of all those people!

And heck yes you should be proud of your Run for the Roses - beating anyone younger than you (especially boys) on something that crazy is awesome!!