Wednesday, May 5, 2010

3 High 5's Virtual Race For The Cure


Thanks to Melanie/Tall Mom for hosting our 3 High 5's Virtual Race For The Cure. You can still support Mel on her fundraising journey here.

My first official virtual race bib. I went with the 555 since that was the theme of the race and it is divisible by my favorite number ~ 11. I also added a touch of me with one of my favorite quotes. I thought it was fitting since there was no one else physically around for this race so it did indeed seem like I was first.
A quick pic on the way out.
The weather has been terrible lately. I was lucky enough to get this race done outside. We live on a roughly 1.5 mile stretch of road so it's easy to get a 5K done on it. I geared up with my faithful iPod and Nike + sensor to make sure I went the distance required. My daughter was my photographer and took some shots early on and then in the final stretch home.
Since I'm a known anti-pink girl this is pretty girly for me. I love my Running Skirt in the Run Love Fleurs print. It is too cute. I don't do it justice. Here's a better shot from their website or visit them here to check out all their awesome skirts and running items. Don't tell anyone but I think I'm starting to like a few shades of pink :)

My official race time was 27.33. Not a PR but a good run considering I haven't been able to run in the "real" world much. Now I need to work on shrinking a bit and strengthening my knee. Now if only there was a safe and healthy way to get some color.

4 comments:

TMB @ RACING WITH BABES said...

Great job! I love that quote on your bib! You know, I only ever wear running skirts now, but for years I wouldn't be caught dead in anything girly ... funny how it changes!

H Love said...

way to get it DONE...outside. I am excited to do my first virtual run soon.

Emz said...

Awesome skirt.

Loving it!!

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

Too cute!! thanks for participating, the post race rap up will be up soon.