Saturday, March 27, 2010

Running of the Fools 2010

A Few Shots Before I Left


This morning I once again headed towards Longview for my first ever "Running of the Fools." I had several people I know run it last year so I wanted to check it out. I also needed to do my virtual Race For The Cure from www.tallmomontherun.com so it seemed perfect.

I had to get up pretty early. This race was held further out of town and started at 8:30am. I always like to be early for a race so I have plenty of time to get my packet and use the restroom countless times :) I pulled into the parking lot and went to get my goody bag. Inside was a moisture wicking shirt, some Clif Bars, and several coupons including 2 free 6" subs at Subway...score!!!

Pretty Chilly Along The Water


I was wearing one of my favorite running skirts today that can be found at www.runningskirts.com. I love it!!! Since it was a bit chilly I wore some tights with it. Once I got back to my car I realized I had forgotten my other warmer running skirt at home. I really didn't want to run with my jacket since I knew I would warm up fast so I just toughed it out and tried to stay warm until the start.

As it got closer to 8:30 we headed to the starting area. The course was one large loop that was mostly flat and all on pavement. The race started and we had a 2 minute head start before they sent the "Official Fool" to catch us. He is a local cross country runner that everyone tries to beat, catch, or at least keep in their sight on the course :) Doesn't happen often. The guy is super fast.

At the halfway point they had a small water station. I quickly grabbed a cup and realized too late I had no where to toss it once my water was gone. I just smashed it up and took it along for the ride. At the 4 mile mark they had a couple people snapping photos. I was really hoping they would be up in time for this post but they weren't. So be on the lookout for those.

My right knee was actually painful a few times along this point. Thats freaked me out. I don't need both knees causing trouble. I just tried to focus on running with as little impact as possible and eventually the pain went away. I'm sure my body is still adjusting from my 33 miles last Saturday even though I think I feel great.

Around mile 5 I started to pass and catch up to several groups of people. Very exciting and rare for me. At the last .2 miles we headed off the road and back into the prking lot for the last stretch. I passed several people at the finish but somehow got lined up behind them so I'm not to happy with my finishing time being messed with. I started and stopped my iPod with a run time of 1:00:33. My official time on the website is 1:00:47. I think I'll trust my iPod :)

After the run there were Subway sandwiches, muffins, bananas, water, etc. I grabbed a water and a sandwich. Very yummy. I felt great. The sun was shining and it was beautiful. I found a couple people I knew and we took some pics. I had family from Idaho visiting so I wanted to get back home. It was a great run and if I can I'll be doing it again next year.




After The Finish With Marianne

2 comments:

TMB @ RACING WITH BABES said...

I just found your blog via Tall Mom and wanted to say hi! Cute pictures

H Love said...

What a rock star! Love the skirt..and capris. Boo Hoo...I am still on my hunt for capris.