
Tomorrow is the 24 Hour Pacific Rim Run. I've read a lot of experiences others have had. I know I'm not in my best shape or my best weight but I'm excited to tackle this challenge. Since it's my first 24 hour event I'll get a PR for sure :) With any other run there is always the pressure of finishing in a certain time frame. This is set. You start the run and if you are lucky, you finish it in 24 hours. I'll be thrilled to get my 31 miles in for sure to get my event shirt. Anything over 26.2 will be a new distance record so it will be fun to see just how far I can go.
A concern I've had in the past week or so is not getting enough sleep. I've had the worst time falling asleep and staying that way. Very frustrating. I'm going to try and sneak in a quick nap here shortly and hopefully get to bed in time to get a good nights rest ad start very early to get down to Longview without being rushed. The race will begin at 9am. I also have to sneak in a quick trip to Target in the morning to pick up the New Moon DVD. I'll need something to watch while I recover, right?
The weather looks like it will be perfect. I've got my sunscreen and GU. Wish me luck!!! I'll have a full report soon.
4 comments:
Love the photo you used for tomorrow's run! - Wish you the best run!!! Be sure to share a photo of yourself in your new t-shirt! Have fun! :)
So much fun! Good luck...I can't even imagine. Dude this is a marathon plus!!! Good luck!
How did it go?? Email me..
Wow! Thats alot of miles...I have a hard time breathing after 1 hopefully I'll get where your at! Enjoy!
Post a Comment