Sunday, November 28, 2010

Rock-n-Roll Seattle Cyber Monday

June 25, 2011

Tomorrow is the day.  Prices go up Tuesday.  I'm still not happy that I came home and fell into a coma after the Portland Marathon.  That day they were offering a discount for registering for any Rock-n-Roll event.  I have been pressuring encouraging my husband to do a half marathon with me for awhile.  Honestly, I think he's just tired of waiting around for hours for me to finish these things :)

So it looks like I will be registering sometime today before 5PM.  Now the only question is if I can get Jason on board before then too.  Race fees are painful enough but seeing that number doubled is scarier.  If I can't get him registered today I doubt I'll be able to accomplish it once it goes up to $115.  To be honest, we just had a conversation and he isn't even happy about me doing it now because of the cost.  It's so hard when you only have one person obsessed with running in the relationship.

Any helpful ideas on what I can do to convince him between now and tomorrow?  I'm really starting to become frustrated and sad without a running buddy.  HELP!!!!


Don't forget my Yurbuds Giveaway HERE.  You have until this Thursday 12/2 to enter.




9 comments:

Kerrie said...

:( I am in the same boat.

nrmrvrk said...

I still can't figure out how spending $75 much less $115 on a race shorter than 100 miles makes any sense. Race prices are out of control and you definitely don't get what you pay for in the way of water, sport drink, post-race food, a shirt and a medal.

After a dozen marathons I've found trail races to be a much better deal (support, food, schwag, communnity, attitudes, views...) and thus far more satisfying.

Each to their own but Paying the Competitor Group $100+ for a half marathon would be a tough sell for me.

smartwool socks said...

That's absolutely nice giveaways!!!

Anonymous said...

I think you should go for it Stacie! It's a great event as I've ran it the last two years.

Best of luck and I hope to be following your 1/2 training!!

gina

http://swimbikerun4fun.wordpress.com

KovasP said...

Just register him and then see how it goes!

5 Miles Past Empty said...

That is tough. My hubby isn't really on board either. He went to ONE half marathon (and I have done 11) and then we got in a fight afterwards. He was waiting in the rain with our son who was 4 and our dog. And that was just a half (2 hours). He did go to Portland and that was miserable but he was a good spectator...But anyway, it is hard when we want to share soemthing so special to us with our special someone. Maybe you can include him somehow in the training? Does he like to bike? Does he enjoy Tris?
I don't have the anwers. =/ Guess you just have to do what is best for YOU and allow him to support you in whatever way he can, even it is means not running with you. Not everyone is cut out for this. We are a special lot you know!

good luck!

Amanda@runninghood said...

Congrats!!! I just posted that you are the winner of my giveaway!

Jess @ Blonde Ponytail said...

Aw, thinking of you! We could be virtual running buddies?! Harmony and I did that during the summer when I was back in NE for our marathon training.

Anonymous said...

I hope it works out how you want it... right now I'm waivering between San Diego and Seattle RnR Marathons... since I'm in Dallas, that would be quite a trip, but I want to do a west coast run... Let us know how it turns out!!!