Wednesday, November 10, 2010

150 Followers!!!!


It seems I have had 149 followers forever and I am thankful for every single one of you.  Let's face it, we all want/need more followers.  I was updating the blog giveaways and when I came back to my dashboard I saw that I had finally made 150.  I'm so excited!!!!  Thank you to Ashley Chalupa for making my day.

I've been in the process of getting back into my steady workout routine.  On Monday I was invited to meet with some great ladies to do some yoga.  It has whooped on me before but I was ready.  We "yoga'd" for about 45 minutes.  It was nice outside so they all went out to walk afterwards.  I took this opportunity to get my run on.  It was more of a jog since I was running loops in a big parking lot.  I was trying to be careful with my knees.  This would be the most pavement time since Portland.  I've been using the treadmill since the weather has been extremely nasty.  I think I have to agree with Amanda that I'm suffering from a little PTSD.  Thanks Portland.  I managed to squeak in 3 miles and I felt good.  The sun was out and it was a relief to feel fresh air and get revived.

Today my legs and knees still feel good.  No problems there.  I do believe I have abs and muscles in places I somehow didn't know existed.  Seriously, it would be funny if it wasn't for a cough that has been hanging on for a week or two.  As much as I loved the outside run my lungs weren't impressed with the cold air.  Coughing + sore abs = fun. Not.

I did have another not so funny moment when I met the other ladies.  I was introduced as a runner and marathoner.  One of the ladies checks me out and says, "Wow, most runners are very slim and tiny.  You don't look like a runner."  Another classic moment for me.  I just laughed and carried on.  It does remind me of the Portland Expo.  I was looking at a shirt and the lady commented that the XL probably wouldn't even fit me.  So nice.  It didn't bother me as much then as it does today.  I'm sure the extra Halloween candy hasn't helped but I'm determined to shed the extra weight one more time.

Thanks again for being supportive and understanding what it's like to be a "runner" without being super fast or stick thin.  You guys rock.

Don't forget to enter my Bondi Band/Ponytail Hat Giveaway HERE.

25 comments:

H Love said...

Rude!! Boo to the dork who made that not so nice comment! Maybe you should have replied....and when was your last marathon! Sheesh!! You are great...don't let your weight or body type get you down! You are an amazing runner!

Heather said...

Wow! I can't believe that lady actually said that to you!! how rude. Curse the awful Halloween candy! I've hidden it but I know where it is...that doesn't work very well.

Marlene said...

Good for you getting back to yoga snd putting in some time on the pavement. Glad everything is feeling good!

Meredith said...

Seriously?? Who says things like that??? That's terrible!

You are amazing!! How many people can say that they've ran a marathon?

Meredith said...

And, you look super cute in your Bondiband ponytail hat!

Shellyrm ~ just a country runner said...

I can not believe someone actually said that to you. Some people do not think before using their mouths!
Since I am out here on east coast boonie-ville I haven't met you but you have posted photos! You look fabulous. She was obviously jealous!
Congrats on the followers.

Anonymous said...

That is ridiculous. I've always thought you look super slender in your photos, and regardless... no one should be saying that. Maybe if the yoga ladies ran, they'd know that runners come in every size. As for the lady at the Portland expo... absolutely no excuse for that. I'm slow, I'm not stick thin... and in a month, I will be a marathoner...

You rock, Stacie.

Emz said...

First YAY on the 150!!!!!

Second:

Mean.
People.
Suck.

no two ways about it.

Unknown said...

Congrats on 150, that is so exciting! And, runners come in all shapes and sizes. It's not our fault some of those running shirt makers don't make shirts in real sizes.

*~*~* Tracy said...

Wow, I think you handled dumb/rude lady really well. You totally should have asked her what her marathon PR is.

Congrats on your 150 followers. Very cool!

Stephanie Anne said...

One of my patients recently said to me "You run half marathons? You don't have the physique of a runner!" & of course I can't be rude back since I have to act professionally. I just smiled & laughed at him, and said "I may not be a skinny, fast girl, but I get out there and do it"

Your post made me think about hitting up a yoga class some time soon....

Keri said...

Whaaat?! People actually say that? First of all, it doesn't look like any of those things are true, but regardless, that is incredibly rude. PS- Now you have 151!

Liz said...

Wow! That is insanely rude! You look amazing and are a great runner; I'd like to be more like you as a runner. :)

Rene' said...

hmmm....what does a runner look like? people are so rude! obviously they don't think before they open their mouth! you kept very cool because I might have to say something. how are your national plans coming?

Rae said...

Happy 150 followers!!

Ok, why are people so stupid! She probably felt like an ass once she heard that come out of her mouth. Ugh!

And I think you look fabulous! You are fit and in shape.

Trish said...

What is the deal with people! We were at Subway a few nights ago and this older lady says to me "Are you mama or grandma?" Ummm excuse me? Of course my kids thought it was hilarious!

mommaof3ontherun said...

That's so wrong. I cannot even imagine what they would have said to me as I weigh a considerable amount more than you! I'm working on losing weight. Don't let it get you down. You are doing great and are an inspiration!

Laura said...

Geez...some people are just doinks. My run club has all different shapes/sizes etc. and they kick ass.
Glad you are feelin' good.

The Hungry Runner Girl said...

Now you have 152 followers! I am so glad you found my blog because I am LOVING yours. Gotta love some good ol' yoga! And I am so sick of Halloween candy, I thought the kids were supposed to eat more than the adults. Oops:) P.S. YOU LOOK AMAZING!

Jess @ Blonde Ponytail said...

Congrats on such a strong following!! I love your blog and look forward to reading your posts! Since when has a long and lean body type like yours, not been a "runner's body", right?!

Running Diva Mom said...

Hey stacie! You won something on my blog - please check it out and email me your contact info. Thanks!

Fruit Fly said...

Wow. Just wow. My mom and I both had a collective jaw dropping at the comments you go. WHAT?? I would hate to hear what those people would say to me then. Sheesh. Ca-RAZY!!

Molly said...

Holy cow, I can't believe she said that!! She's just jealous. : )

Valerie said...

People say the dumbest things, & really its annoying. You look beautiful and are an inspiring strong runner.
I too had a few to many halloween treats and am now determinded to shed 10 by Christmas. If you are trying to drop a few pounds then I propose we be weight loss buddies, I need some motivation! :)

Kevin said...

Congratulations. I'm only in the 50's right now.

Kevin
http://halftriing.blogspot.com/