Thursday, July 15, 2010

Three Things Thursday

1. Vacation ~ It's been a long time coming. It has been 4 years since Jason has been on a real vacation. Between job chaos, etc. we just couldn't do it. He finally has vacation time so we had already planned to go to Idaho to visit some family there. We are also going to try and take the girls to Yellowstone National Park. We weren't set on a date but now we have decided to leave late tonight. It is roughly a 12 hour drive. I'm sure we will be making several stops along he way between the girls and the dog. The last time I was there I had ZERO access to internet so I may be MIA for awhile. We are planning to be home sometime on Sunday the 25th. I'm packing my running shoes in hopes of logging a few miles while I'm there.




2. Grandpa ~
Another reason we were going was to see family while we were there which included my Grandpa Moore. We just got the call on Monday that he passed away that afternoon. It kills me that we missed seeing him by just days. He was an awesome man and I loved him so much. We'll miss you Grandpa!!!

3. GIVEAWAYS!!!! Be on the lookout. I have been lucky enough to have a couple companies offer me some great items to review and pass on that luck to you.

Summer has been crazy. It seems like I am constantly busy. It has been hard to get my runs in but I am determined. After we get back I am going to buckle down and stick to my training schedule even if it kills me :) I'm so thankful for all of you who follow my journey and keep me motivated.


Shout out to my friend Harmony at Keep On Keeping On. She was featured this morning on The Marathon Show. They were looking for marathoners in training so I suggested her. Bart Yasso was their guest today. Harmony and I were both brought up during the hour he was on. How awesome is that? Check it out HERE. We are mentioned around 4 minutes in and towards the end.

5 comments:

H Love said...

tatieThinking of you on your travels! Thanks again for making my day and touching my life!

H Love said...

sorry...my word verification showed up...oops!

BJ Barnes said...

Sorry for your loss Stacie, and that you just missed another visit with him.
I love his warm smile. He looks like a dear man, - the kind of man I would have enjoyed knowing! :)
I hope you are able to enjoy your travels and have a satisfying vacation together as a family! :)
See you and yours when you get back! :)

Emz said...

I'm with BJ - what an amazing smile.

Safe and happy travels to you. Enjoy it as much as possible.

Unknown said...

So sorry to hear about your Grandpa... In the photos he looks so happy :) RIP Grandpa Moore.

Have a great time on your trip and too cool about the Marathon Show!