My Dad, Step-Mom, Grandma, Jason, & the girls were all there to support me. They always have cute shirts in a nice navy color but this year they changed them-see below.
The weather was overcast and perfect for running. Right after the start the sun poked out for about a mile and then disappeared again. As much as I wanted sun later in the day, I was thankful it hid for the rest of the race.
Around mile 2 I spotted a guy in a yellow shirt and slowly pulled him in. As soon as I would pass him he would sprint off again. This continued until we had 1.5 miles left. My Garmin aka Need For Speed let me know we were close so I decided to share this news with yellow shirt guy. We ended up chatting the rest of the race. His name was Gary and his uncle had signed him up at the last minute. He wasn't a big on running but was in good spirits.
As we made it to the final stretch, I knew he would pull the guy card and beat me at the finish. That didn't stop me from trying though.
Gary's family was cheering him on at the finish so I knew he didn't want to get beat by a girl, even though we had bonded.
I LOVE my CEP compression socks. My legs felt great and I also love how they look. My two smallest cheerleaders were waiting for me at the finish. My time was 49? Not great but about the same as last year. I blame the fact that I ran yesterday. I NEVER run the day before a race no matter the distance.

Here I am in the new shirt for this year. Same logo on the front but a nice added touch on the back. How can you not enjoy running in a shirt that has CONVICT on the back :)
2 comments:
Congrats on a terrific race - LOVE that shirt!!
I have decided that shirts are my favorite part of racing! Hoping to get a good collection this summer.
Are you doing Cheddar Challenge, if so we will try to look for you.
Post a Comment