A long time ago in a galaxy far, far, away I knew a boy named Jon. He basically lived across the road from us. I went to school with him in Vader. Our 6th grade class consisted of 3 boys and 9 girls for a grand total of 12. Huge class. After 6th grade you choose between Toledo or Winlock School. I chose Toledo along with Jon and a few other "Vaderites." Jon ended up moving to Idaho during 8th grade. I tried to track him down several times but couldn't find him. Not long ago he came through Vader and stopped at my Dad's house. Mom & Dad told me later that he had stopped and that they thought he lived in Portland.
I figured I'd look on Facebook and see if he was on there. I found a Jon Cochran but there wasn't a pic. I figured I'd at least send a message to see if it was him and it was. We were able to talk for the first time a few weeks ago after forever. We have been keeping in touch and decided for everyone to meet.
After almost 19 years we finally got to have a little reunion. Jason, the girls, and I went to Portland last night and ended up at their house. Jon, his girlfriend, and her little girl have an awesome house. Jon loves cooking and made us an incredible dinner. It was very good. We were able to eat and catch up for a few hours before we had to head back home. It was a great evening. It was nice to see Jon again. I look forward to hopefully hanging out again.
No comments:
Post a Comment