Thursday, March 26, 2009

Blood Drive Fun


You mention the words blood drive and watch as people scatter like leaves in a tornado. Around this house that is not the case. Every couple months there is a blood drive that is held at the stake center in Chehalis. They had one there tonight. I am proud to say that the Toledo Ward has always done its part to contribute. I actually enjoy these events because I get to visit with people that I don't always get a chance to talk to.

They always wrap up your arm with colored tape afterwards. The girls wanted me to have green & purple. The Red Cross worker said she'd put them together to make them happy. Unfortunately for me she connected them with a pink bow. The horror....I really don't like pink. This amused everyone who knows this.

The girls always have a rough time at these things. They lay around, play, and usually get to snack off the recovery tables like it's a buffet.

They first checked Jason's left arm. I think his face is priceless. They decided the vein was better in the right arm so he switched sides.

Bishop came to visit before his turn. I love the difference between this pic and the next.

Things are getting very serious at this point. Notice his arm is just being cleaned with iodine.

I was pretty excited to get this shot. This worker didn't mind me taking pics unlike another one who worked on Gary & Bishop later.

As soon as the needle is in Jason goes horizontal. They just do this now to be safe since he has had issues in the past. I have to say that each time it seems to get a little easier for him. He doesn't enjoy it one bit but knows its for a good cause.

Jason had some very cute nurses that helped to distract him and hold his hand.


Bishop Rasmussen


Bishop Lambert

Gary Harbin didn't escape the needle even though he was recovering from being sick.


I took this pic just for Melisa :)

No comments: