After many days of debate, Makinley decided that she wanted to cut her hair. We talked about it off and on today so I called a few places and when Jason came home we went in as a family to support her. She had decided to donate her hair to Locks of Love so her cut and style were free. How great is that?
Makinley was so excited to get up in the chair and get started. Meanwhile, I think I was having chest pains.
Daddy & Makenna watched nearby while I took pictures.
They brushed it all out really well and then separated it into two sections.
She looked so little and cute in this picture.
They then made a ponytail at the spot it would be cut and braided the rest. Kinley was getting a bit goofy at this point.
Finally it was time to cut. I was on the verge of tears at this point. I quickly distracted myself by taking more pictures. Plus, it was hard to get too emotional when Kiney was being so silly and happy about the whole thing.
Next step was a wash and condition. She was cracking everyone up. She got up in the chair, put her head back in the sink, and let out a long contented sigh like she knew it was going to feel warm and relaxing. This was all before the water was even on.
Makenna holding onto one of Makinley's braids.
Getting all trimmed up.
All done.
Holding onto her braids before they packaged them up.
The whole time Makinley was getting her hair cut, Makenna was wanting to be next. She also wanted to donate her hair but after some measuring we decided against it. She would have ended up with extremely short hair and not have been happy. She needed a trim anyway so we compromised with that.
Makinley had fun watching Makenna get pampered. Both girls really enjoyed the whole process.
Getting 2-3 inches snipped off.
Jason & Makinley hanging out.
All done again.
The girls with their new cuts before we left.
Makinley's final look once it dried before bed.
Makenna's finished look. Not as drastic as Kinley but the ends are way healthier.
My beautiful girls. It was a fun and exciting afternoon with them. It was hard to watch them cut off my baby's hair but I'm also very excited about how much easier it's going to be to take care of. Both girls were very happy with their new haircuts.
3 comments:
I didn't think Jason was going to go for it. Her hair looks beautiful. And it is still plenty long to do stuff with.
Awww... very cute. I like it! :)
They are soooo cute!!!!!
Post a Comment