Thanksgivings have not always been fun for me in the past. This year helped make up for that. The best part about it was that Makinley and I were home. The earliest we should have got to come home was tomorrow so being home for Thanksgiving was a huge blessing. We have a lot to be thankful for.
I stayed up last night and made my double layer pumpkin cheesecake pies. My brother, Dylan, loves them so I like to do that for him. I finally slept a little better so that was nice. I got up and we started to clean the house. I made stuffing and mashed potatoes.
Around noon my Dad, Mom, Grandma, and Aunt Brenda showed up. We finished up last minute stuff until Dylan showed up. Before we ate Makenna did a presentation of The First Thanksgiving. It was a folder with a ton of stuff from school that she had made. We all filled up our plates and sat down. Makinley gave the blessing and then we got to eat.
The girls tortured my Grandma and Aunt Brenda with a Dora movie and the rest of us watched Iron Man in the living room. I won't post the pictures but I have plenty of proof that most everyone slept during most or part of the movie.
We all enjoyed just hanging out together as a family. Everyone else decided to go home. After that we just snacked and watched another movie together until it was bedtime. It was a great Thanksgiving.
1 comment:
I'm so glad that you got to be home for Thanksgiving!!
Post a Comment