My Dad was able to rescue us from the hospital on Wednesday. My Dad does not like traffic and dealing with the city so it was huge of him to come and get us. It really meant a lot to me. He tries to act very tough but I know that he is a softie.
We managed to get home in about 4 hours which wasn't too awful considering the traffic. We were tired by the time we got here. I went to get the hidden key and couldn't find it. I called Jason to see if he moved it but he hadn't. After some further investigation I discovered that a mole had dug under our hiding spot and had pulled the key about 6 inches down into the hole. Very funny once I was in the house and calmed back down :) I got Makinley comfortable and went to help my Dad haul stuff in. After my Dad left I started to clean up and put stuff away. I love Jason but it seems he had a little problem with doing dishes while I was gone. I loaded the dishwasher and felt a lot better.
Shortly after we got home Papa Dean brought Makenna home. I was very happy to see her. I cut Papa Dean's hair before he left and then finished getting settled back in.
Grandma Bonnie came out and brought a gift from Aunt Amber that she had mailed. It was a cute card and purple pinwheel that she had made. Makinley loved it. Jason made it home shortly after and finally got to see Kinley again. He brought her a Tinkerbell balloon. We all hung out and ate some dinner. It was good to be home and to eat real food again. Baked Doritos can only get you so far.
We all crawled into bed fairly early. I was exhausted and I think Makinley was very happy to be in her own bed and not hooked up to all the machines.
No comments:
Post a Comment