I went to bed last night and tried to get comfortable. Everytime the nurse came in I watched what she did. It was just my Mom radar. At 4am the nurse came in to remove the catheter. That was a blast. I was hoping that Kinley would stay asleep for at least part of it but she woke up right before. We had to stop halfway through so she would take deep enough breaths to help relax her so she could get it out. She immediately said she needed to pee which is a normal reaction. We got her up to walk into the bathroom and pulled her IV stuff with us. She went a couple drops and then we got her back in bed. She had another huge piece of the dreaded tape on her upper thigh that had been holding the catheter tube in place. She wanted that off so I had to work on that for awhile. It wasn't fun but she was much happier with all of that gone. I wrapped her back up and she fell back to sleep around 5am. I snoozed a little again after that and then got up to brush my teeth and get ready for whatever might happen today.
Makinley has gone pee 3 times so far and it has been nice and clear. No blood which is a great sign. For about a day after her VCUG's it always stings when she goes. The best news is that she has had zero pain. She just finished going #2 for the first time and that also went well. That makes me feel better.
My Dad just got here to rescue us. They are taking out her IV right now. In about 10 minutes her prescriptions will be ready. The nurse just said we could get her dressed and go so we are out of here. I will update and post pics when we get home.
Thanks again to all our friends and family. We love you.
1 comment:
I am so glad that everything went well. I think many prayers have been answered this year for alot of us.
Post a Comment