I only have roughly 38 hours left until the marathon. I have ran more miles leading up to this one than I ever have. I was also lucky enough to have been able to cross-train at Thorbecke's which I have never been able to do before. I am hoping that it all helps.
I just checked the forecast again for Portland and it now shows NO rain and a little sun with clouds in the picture. It shows a high of 65 and a low of 49. Perfect conditions if the rain would hold off. I really hope it does. I don't mind getting wet but running for 26.2 miles with wet feet brings to mind huge blisters and a miserable time. Portland is always beautiful when I've been there for the marathon. I really look forward to it. I always stay at University Place which is several blocks away from downtown. It's a decent walk so that won't be as fun if it's raining. The Expo is downtown at the Hilton and that's where I'm headed tomorrow.
I just got the coolest e-mail. They are now doing a Portland Marathon Race Day DVD. The company will be at the Expo so I'll probably decide then if I'll get it. Since this will be my 3rd Portland Marathon and possibly my last one here for awhile it would be awesome to have. They use your chip timer to find you and record you at at least 12 points along the course. They will also interview you at the Expo and after you cross the finish line. They add that along with some voice-over stuff and information from a questionnaire you fill out. I want one so bad. They also set up a link once it is done that friends and family can access and view. How cool is that?
This will probably be my last post until I get home. It makes me so nervous just thinking about it. Tomorrow will be Expo day, relaxing (hopefully), and eating a good dinner. I'm going to try to get to bed very early. Last year I don't think I slept more than 30 minutes so I want to prevent that from happening again. My mind just won't shut off.
Sunday morning I will be up by 4:45am so I can eat something in time to let it settle. That has worked well the past 2 years. Around 6:15am I'll walk down to the starting area which is totally overwhelming and crazy. Truly something that if you ever get to experience, you will never forget. The marathon officially starts at 7am.
My fastest marathon finish is 5 hours 12 minutes. I want so badly to break the 5 hour mark this year. Keep me in your thoughts and prayers. I will be so excited to get back home so I can update all of you. Thanks so much for all of your support with your friendship and helping me to fundraise for The Conrad's.
Watch for an update Sunday night :)
No comments:
Post a Comment