After last weeks mess of a soccer game I was truly hoping that we would have a good game tonight. The weather was awesome and the girls were in a great mood. It was close to half-time before we finally scored a goal. The other team soon scored as well so we were tied for awhile. The girls were playing awesome. I was very proud of them. The potential in all of them is huge. I have a good mix of players. On Makenna's last turn in she worked her way up to the goal and hesitated a second. Finally she drew back and kicked the ball. It went right past the goalie into the net. I screamed and probably looked like a fool. She just looked over at me for a second and then had the biggest smile on her face. She has never made a goal since she started playing soccer last year. She does great in practice and has come close a million times but never scored a point. Her team screamed for her too which was awesome. I was and am so happy for her. We stopped at McDonald's on the way home and got her a chocolate sundae. We ended up winning the game 3-1. It was a great night.
Monday, September 29, 2008
Makenna Scored!!!
After last weeks mess of a soccer game I was truly hoping that we would have a good game tonight. The weather was awesome and the girls were in a great mood. It was close to half-time before we finally scored a goal. The other team soon scored as well so we were tied for awhile. The girls were playing awesome. I was very proud of them. The potential in all of them is huge. I have a good mix of players. On Makenna's last turn in she worked her way up to the goal and hesitated a second. Finally she drew back and kicked the ball. It went right past the goalie into the net. I screamed and probably looked like a fool. She just looked over at me for a second and then had the biggest smile on her face. She has never made a goal since she started playing soccer last year. She does great in practice and has come close a million times but never scored a point. Her team screamed for her too which was awesome. I was and am so happy for her. We stopped at McDonald's on the way home and got her a chocolate sundae. We ended up winning the game 3-1. It was a great night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
How cool!
Post a Comment