This picture is at Mile 2. It's blurry but I like it.
BIB# 4487
OVERALL - 5720 OUT OF 7488
WOMEN - 2553 OUT OF 3901
AGE DIVISION 30-34 - 451 OUT OF 608
TIME ON COURSE
10K - 1:07:48
8.9 Miles - 1:37:31
13.1 Miles - 2:28:03
17.5 Miles - 3:27:28
21.1 Miles - 4:22:47
FINISH - 5:39:17
I try to keep telling myself that I'm happy that I just finished considering the conditions of the race. I look at my times and I know that I could have been very close to the 5 hour mark if I would have pushed harder. On the other hand I'm really glad that I was able to help someone else finish. It's possible that I would have pushed too hard and completely damaged my knee or cramped to the point I couldn't have even walked. I'll never know for sure so I guess I need to just be happy. I'm not giving up though. Someday I will break the 5 hour mark at Portland.
Right now the officials and photographers are working hard to get everyone's stats and photos up on the website. You can go to - www.portlandmarathon.org and put in my Bib #4487 to look at all of my official times. Also on the main page of the website you need to click the RunPix link located below the Race Results link. It is a pretty cool feature that will show you where I was on the course when other racers were crossing the finish. The only bad thing it is based on gun time and not my actual chip time finish so my times show me back further than I really should be. It's almost a 9 minute gap so it makes a difference.
They also don't have results up yet for the Athena division and the Pump & Run. I entered into both of those. The Athena class is for "bigger" girls who weigh over 145. Last year I couldn't even move the weight machine to qualify for the Pump & Run. This year I did three reps very easily. That part was awesome. I'll have to see if it helped me out at all. I'm sure if I would have finished faster I would have won something.
The link for the marathon photos will also be up sometime this week. They took 105,571 photos and have to sort everyone by their bib number. Once it is up I usually go in because I have to take the time to find my individual pictures on the course and save them all to one page. That way you won't have to waste time trying to find me. When that gets done I will update everyone so they can do directly to the page and see all of the pictures. I can't wait.
No comments:
Post a Comment