Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Trick Or Treat


Happy Halloween!!!  Any fun plans?  When my girls get home from school we will be headed out to score some candy.  Makenna is planning on being Katniss from The Hunger Games & Makinley is going to be Hermione from Harry Potter.  We have found a few hot spots that actually give out full size candy bars...awesome!!!  I have not had one single piece of chocolate/candy in my mouth this whole month and I plan to keep it that way.  After starting out the month at a Dr's appt where the nurse started out with the normal height/weight measurements, I was then scolded for being obese.  Yikes! Since that appt. I have kicked it into high gear.  I'm back to healthy eating and smaller portions.  I've been building up my mileage again as well.  I've been trying to be careful about it though since I really don't want to have any more knee issues.  I know taking off the extra weight will help.  I can always keep my fingers crossed it will make me faster...right?  I have to go back for a follow-up appt. the week after Thanksgiving.  There's some motivation.  I plan to show that nurse I mean business.

Instead of eating extra calories today, I plan on burning them.  I see a treadmill in my future.  I dare all of you to keep your hands out of the candy bowls today.  If I can do it, you can too.  Let's face it, it takes forever to burn off all those extra calories on a treadmill.  We are heading into all the yummy holiday seasons.  It's going to be hard but I'm not giving up.  When I originally lost all of my weight I started my journey in December.  I figured if I could make it through that month, then I could do anything.  Here I go again.

As part of my ab/stretching/weight workout I've decided to also add planking.  It seems to be going around.  I decided I would see how long I could do it last night.  Here you go.
Not sure if those are good results or not.  At least it's something to build on.

Another thing I'm not giving up on until the end, getting into the Top 25.  Only 2 days left to vote.  I'd love to get as many votes as I can before this is over.  Once again, thank you to all who have been voting for me and dealing with me harassing you about it :)



I hope you all have a safe and wonderful Halloween!!!




3 comments:

BJ Barnes said...

I can relate with that never-ending fight to get and keep the weight off! After such a roaring success last year, I stopped counting cal's and gained some of it back, enough to need my next larger size jeans. Now I'm battling to get the gained pounds back off and back into my "thin" jeans! :)
Hat's off to you for getting a fresh start, in spite of the holidays! :)
Happy Halloween to you and yours! :)

Rachelle Q said...

What?! Either you take really great pics or you are far from obese. I hate getting weighed at the doc office, sometimes I just say "no":) I am trying to stay away from the candy too. So hard! Voted for you:)

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

I am with you in the "obese" catergory... but you know what is weird? I think that 120 is considered normal? in what universe.. Good luck darlin, us gals with curves and real bodies have to stick together.. when the knees hurt it is time to cut back.. I am in the same boat