In the beginning of October I began my renewed fight to lose weight and improve my running. A few weeks in I began to notice a pain on the top of my right foot. It was totally random. I ran the Snohomish Half with Makenna and didn't have a single issue. I did lots of cross training and then that following Wednesday, jumped on the treadmill. I felt great, even fast (for me.) I was pumped. My 4-5 mile run turned into an 8+ mile run. I was super excited until I began my cool down. There it was. The dreaded pain. As I ran errands in town on Thursday it began to cause me to limp. I made an appointment for the next day at our foot and ankle specialist. Everyone I spoke to thought it was a stress fracture. I have great pain tolerance and with the way it felt I was worried about it. After X-rays of both feet, a stress fracture was ruled out. I had some swelling above my 2nd & 3rd toes and it just ached. They will recheck me after 2 weeks and see what I should do from there. I was given insoles, told to rest a few days, ice, massage, and ibuprofen. Running is my huge stress relief and my main mode of ridding myself of these extra layers. I've been freaking out. Even though my foot was still off yesterday, I took it on a test run. Depending on how I land my foot, I can still feel it. I just tried to be careful. No new pain but there is obviously still an issue. My plan is to proceed with caution. I AM NOT GIVING UP.
Running Outfit Suggestions???
I basically only have 2 weeks until Seattle. I know it is a tough course and I really want to do well. The thought of having to walk it and be out in our super fun November weather doesn't sound like fun. Another thing I need to work on is finding the best running outfit option for this race. I usually get warm pretty fast when I run. My current jacket just holds the heat and moisture in. I've been debating either a new jacket and/or long sleeve top layer. Any good suggestions??? I also usually wear skirts since I love wearing my compression socks. Any ideas for my bottom layer??? Finding the right combo will be tough. I want to try and figure something out soon so I can take it on a test run. Any help would be great.
New Music Friday
I've heard many of the songs off of Green Days new album, Uno. Here are the links to it and also one of the singles.
Weight Update
Since being called obese on October 2nd, I have lost 13 pounds. Increased exercise, smaller portions, healthier foods, and lots of water!!!


3 comments:
Way to go! Hope the foot heals soon.
Holy Moly. I have the same thing on my top right foot. I have no idea how it happened. It started hurting on my walk back from a run that was maybe a mile. This happened in May. I assumed I hurt it on a flight home from England (hitting the bottom of a seat). Around in July/August, it hurt bad and I started biking. I had an xray done, which showed nothing really. I had an MRI done, which showed swelling around the toes and top part of my foot. My doctor didn't know what it was and so I was to wait 6 more weeks for a followup. Then, I had surgery for an unrelated issue and planning to run for the first time this weekend. I can feel it every so often.
If you find out anything from your dr, please let me know at kristiwiley at ymail.com. Thanks.
Nice work on your weight loss!! I would do a thicker long sleeve shirt on top instead of a jacket. I think you will get too hot in a jacket. You should be okay with a skirt and long socks:) Maybe gloves for the start? Hope your foot heals soon:)
Post a Comment