Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Tornado Tuesday

It actually happened on Friday afternoon but the fact that we got one here in WA is pretty big news.  The weather was nasty all day.  I heard that a small tornado had come down and did some damage in Napavine.  We live 6 miles from the school/town.  Once J got off work we went to check it out.
 This shop was hit and there was sheet metal everywhere.  The building next to it had its walls lifted up and slammed back down.  They also had a greenhouse that was moved several feet.  No major damage to their house.  Tree limbs were everywhere.  Pretty impressive for just a very small and quick tornado.  Makes you appreciate even more what the tornado victims from the past couple weeks are going through.
One of my friends brought these fresh baked, warm, straight out of the oven cinnamon rolls to my Mom & I while we sold plants/jewelry this weekend.  They were amazing.  She also brought cups and hot chocolate.  Bad for my fitness challenge but awesome since were were freezing.  
 Can you figure out which one of my girls are going to be the class clown/life of the party?  She's such a goof.  I love both my girls so much.  Here's a couple pics from our weekend.  Poor cats.

One of my main New Year's Resolution's was to get more sleep.  I'm quite the night owl.  Sometimes this is the only time I have to get things done so it's been hard for me to find a balance.  Late nights, early mornings, running, Mom stuff, and life in general has been wiping me out.  We were in desperate need of a new mattress.  We got one in March and I was so excited.  Unfortunately, it ended up being worse than the old one.  Crappy bed = zero sleep and sore body.  This weekend we found a huge deal on a model close-out for a TEMPUR-PEDIC.  J wanted one of these originally so after it was all said and done we got a screaming deal.  They are coming this afternoon to remove the evil other mattress and bring the new one.  We get another 90 days to make sure we like this one or its outta here, too.  I plan on getting to bed tonight not long after my girls.  I need to catch up before my 1/2 marathon madness begins :)


Have you voted today?  After tomorrow it will all be over.  I'm really hoping I can stay in the Top 25 Health & Fitness Blog on Circle of Moms.  Again, I thank you so much so each and every vote.  

Please vote, HERE!!!
Don't forget my Auria Exceed Earphone Giveaway HERE.  Giveaway ends tomorrow!!!  Bonus entries for each time you vote for my blog above.  Yep, bribery :)  

I hope you all had a great weekend!!!  

13 comments:

Fruit Fly said...

Your girls are so funny ... and I'm sure the cats loved being carried like that. Usually I just prefer Cinnabons, but darn it if those cinnamon rolls don't look REALLY good!

That is crazy about the tornado!

Emz said...

I voted!!

Those cin rolls look AMAZING!

Tornados would scare me to death.

Marlene said...

Wow, so scary having a tornado close to home!

Enjoy the new bed - sounds like heaven!

Unknown said...

We have a tempurpedic bed and love, love, love it. You will not be disappointed.

Shellyrm ~ just a country runner said...

Okay, what is it with all this great looking food. I am to be fasting today...failing at fasting. Cinnamon rolls may have just done me in!

With this heat, most nights it wouldn't matter where I fell over as long as the little guy let me I would sleep. But the new bed looks comfy!


We had a tornado close to where I live on Friday too. Scary!

Shellyrm ~ just a country runner said...

Voting!!!

Anonymous said...

I have been voting for you :)

Rene' said...

a tornado...aaaarrggghhh....so scary:( the cinnamon roles look amazing! yum! yum!

stoppingfordaisies said...

Wow that's so scary, glad you're all okay! And the new bed looks so nice!

Janice {Run Far} said...

Tornadoes are scary stuff... we have threats and warnings all the time here. It's freaky. Glad you are ok. Those cinnamon rolls look devine.

Richelle said...

I'm so glad to hear that the tornado didn't cause any damage to your house.

I used to put t-shirts on my cats when I was a little girl. I'm sure your kitties will survive being carried in purses by your girls. :)

Those cinnamon rolls looks so tasty! Yum!

Julie D. said...

too crazy that you got a tornado! very exciting about the bed! My husband tried to convince me to get one a couple months ago...but I just couldn't do it. Hope you sleep well!!

The Green Girl said...

I'm so glad you guys are safe.

I've heard nothing but good things about those beds!