1. I'm working on my 2011 Goals & Race List. It stinks that what I want to do isn't what I can afford to do. If only there was a way to fund all the runs I want to do. Of course, I'd love to someday run in Hawaii, New York, Ireland, etc. but I'm just talking about the runs closer to home. We have a few smaller runs that are close but the larger ones are the really fun ones. Portland has so many. It also makes it hard when packet pickup is the day before. It's hard to spend the time and gas to drive it two days in a row or to get a hotel. I'm envious of all those that can make it happen. I'm really not complaining. Running is worth it.
2. I think a lot. It drives a few people crazy, including my husband. Something I've been thinking a lot about lately is attitude. Last year I had to deal with knee issues. Before that by biggest worry was about running so slow. Now I'd give anything to just have that to worry about. I committed to running 1000+ miles in 2010 and even though it was painful and even slower that I would like, I did it. I'm very proud of my 1,111.33 miles. As excited as I am about 2011 I'm still dealing with my attitude. I'm worried about my weight, worried about my knees, and worried about the cost of accomplishing all of it. That being said, I am not giving up. Running is my freedom. Without it I can only imagine how bad it would be for me mentally and physically. I'm so thankful that I discovered it and for all the friends and support along the way. I am determined that 2011 will be awesome. Impossible Is Nothing.
3. Today my "baby" turns 7. I can't believe how fast time goes by. She is beautiful, smart, funny, and strong. She has been through a lot already and has been a trooper. I'm so proud of her. She is a huge blessing in my life. Happy Birthday Makinley!!!! I love you!!!
P.S. She loves to run too :) Even in a dress.



23 comments:
Happy Birthday to your beautiful daughter!
I look forward to hearing all about your 2011. We're all in this together, and I completely share your sentiment that "running is my freedom". Awesome!
Love the new photo header! Look at you there lookin' all awesome with both feet off the ground... lol My running pictures always SUCK!
I love your new picture for the header!
happy birthday to your little runner!!!
Happy Birthday sweet M!
You're so right this WILL be a great year for you. Lots of exciting stuff ahead. Let those worries just fade away.
Great post Stacie!!
Yay for goals!
Yay for 7 year olds! :)
Yay I posted your photo!! :)
You. Rock.
I love your new header picture!
Happy Birthday to your Daughter!
Great post..I Used to 'worry' a lot about running..now I just try to embrace and know what it can give back to me.
Love that last photo of your daughter running in the dress! The new header looks great!
I hear you on the finances. There is SOOO much more I wish I could do!! We budgeted out the bare bones racing we want to do for the year and that is still almost $1000... EACH! (are you sure you want to get your hubby into racing? haha)
Happy Birthday to your beautiful girl!
Happy birthday to your lovely little girl! :)
I love your new picture too, lookin' great!
I know what you mean about wishing you had the money to do all the events you want to, and I can also relate to worries about speed and injuries. But you said it best - running is freedom. When I remember that and concentrate on how amazing running feels for my body and mind, it makes it totally worth it! 2011 is going to be an awesome year.
I love the picture on top!
And tell your lovely daughter Happy Birthday from your blogger friends! :)
I love the new photo header. I love floating pictures. I only have one unfortunately but I love it!
I know exactly what you mean about the racing costs. I usually travel to one race a year, but I don't think I can afford to this year because of my wedding in September. I'm thankful that there are PLENTY of races in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area, especially during the summer and fall.
Awesome Post. I love what you said about attitude. I am a firm believer that attitude is everything. We could find something to complain about every single day if we wanted to. A positive attitude can have an amazing power!
I hear ya on traveling for races. I have only done races close to home. Never any overnights or anything. Some day. But you have to do what's in the budget.
Don't worry about what races other runners are doing. Focus on your own race plans :)
Happy Birthday to your sweet girl! Time does fly! Hey, did you ever get your christmas cards from PrettyINk??? um, I think way too much. ONe of the reasons my husband likes that I'm not working and I have more of my mind to give to the kids. :)
You look so strong in your new photo header - love it! Hippo birdie to your sweetie :)
Your daughter is beautiful!
I hope your running woes take a turn for the better soon. Nagging injuries suck!
I understand what you mean by "running is freedom!" With five kids, it is the only time I have for me.
Very cute picture of your daughter - Happy Birthday to her!
I'm with Eugene the way you are with Portland. That's where I go to race almost once a month. Fortunately I have only gone up once the day before for a packet - but I think this year that will go up to 2. At least we are lucky with TONS of racing options in Oregon!
I had a major "think" this week about my goals, so I totally know what you mean.
great new header photo, I have the same running skirt! : )
Happy Birthday to your daughter! I'm excited for your 2011 goals, you can do it!
Hey, stop by my blog today, okay? You won something :)
Yeah, I hear you on the budget thing. Destination races are so stinking expensive! We should do a blogger's network of lodging available for races - for instance, I'm near Knoxville and have an extra room, so if someone wanted to travel here for a race I could put them up. That sort of thing.
Post a Comment