Monday, January 24, 2011

Motivational Monday

My husband and I are kick starting our training.  Yes, the Seattle Rock-n-Roll 1/2 isn't until June but this will be his first official race.  Also, due to crazy schedules and being a stress eater, I am far above my ideal weight.  Let the journey begin...again.

We all need some extra motivation and inspiration now and then.  I get that every time I read a race report or get a comment on my blog.  Here's a little something I found that inspired me.


We made a little change to my hot rod Ford Focus this weekend.  The tabs were due and I had made the decision to let my personalized plates go.  Yes, my car is extremely dirty but I think my 26.2 sticker totally makes up for that.


I know your minds are spinning with the possible meaning of my plates.  It's actually pretty simple.  My Mom collected and loved M&M's. My girls both have MM as their initials.  I did TWO MM'S as a reminder of my Mom and for my girls.  About a month ago I was told someone thought it meant TWO MOMS :)  I decided that the extra $32 a year could be going to a race entry instead so I paid for my tabs and received my brand new plates.  I giggled when the DOL lady handed these to me.  
That's right, my Ford Focus now has some ABZ.  I couldn't help but think of EMZ :)

Don't forget my Allied Steel Medal Hanger Giveaway HERE!!!  Don't miss out on a chance to win one of these awesome displays.  

13 comments:

Karen Seal said...

Too funny about the license plate!

Good luck with training! That sounds like a fun race! :0)

fancy nancy said...

Love the new plate! So funny! Good luck with the training!!

Michelle said...

I've seen that video before - always inspires me! Good luck with your training!

Johann said...

All the best for your training! Your husband's first official race, exciting!

Laura said...

Love this video!
I am on the weight loss bandwagon as well...it is getting me down a bit..

Molly said...

thats funny :)

Rose @ Eat, Drink, and Be Meiri said...

My first thought was "two moms" as well. ABZ is awesome.

SupermomE13 said...

I love starting a new training plan! Good luck!!! and thanks for the video. :)

http://seemomrunfar.blogspot.com/

Richelle said...

That video was really inspiring, particularly the two Ironman finishers who crawled to the finish. THAT's determination!

Love the new license plate. I've thought about getting vanity plates before, but I don't know what I'd get... probably R-DAWG, haha!

Lindsay said...

Your car has abz! Lol. M&m's... Yumm. If I ever justify buying a vanity plate it will definitely have to have m&m's! I didn't know you had to pay the fee every year though.

Fruit Fly said...

I also thought of 2 moms when I saw that. I knew that wasn't the case, but it was a first thought!

Have a great time training together! I'm just in my first ever official bit of training and I am really having a ton of fun with it! Hope the hubby likes it, too!

Unknown said...

We changed out our personalized plates too... in Ohio, it's an extra $60 so that's enough for both of us to race! :)

Emz said...

Too. Freaking. Hilarious.

ABZ. Freaking awesome.

Love
It.

My new plates come this week too......

Any guesses?!?!? ;)