We had a great night taking advantage of a shuttle service to take us for some food at The Rock Bottom. Two girls were at training so when we made it back to the hotel we regrouped and headed back out to find them some food at Azteca. I went wild and ordered my Diet Pepsi. I even had a refill. I know how to live dangerously. Our shuttle guy, Gerald, was having a good time as well.
The next day it was back to business. If you can consider lots of fun being business. I've never been a girly girl but it was awesome. Inspiring stories and strong women. It totally co-insides with running and all of the amazing stories and the people I've met at events and through my blog. You can never laugh too much. I've decided I need to have fun when I'm not running too. Life is too short.
Before the day was through I had found myself signed up and am now officially a Cookie Lee Consultant as well. It will fit together with my SAHM status and give me the opportunity to earn some extra income and to have more opportunities to get more girl time. Just think of all the people I can meet along the way and possibly get them motivated to run? I needed something else in my life and I'm really hoping I found it.
The best bonus part of the weekend was that I was able to meet up with my sister, Shari. My Mom and her Dad were married for a long time. We hadn't seen each other since roughly 1990. It had been 20 years since I had seen my little sister. Yet another connection to my Mom who is gone. I'll admit I was a bit emotional at our reunion. Luckily, Shari was able to stay and we were able to get her into the rest of the events throughout the day. The last was an after party which included dancing.I have NEVER been dancing in my life. I can't say that any longer. It was so much fun. And even better I got 2+ hours of cardio in :)
Here are some of the songs that highlighted the night. We all need great new music, right? A couple of these were already on my iPod. New music Friday is early this week.
It was great hanging out with Shari. There is no way 20 more years will go by without seeing her again. After the dance was over we all hung out in the room being goofy and taking pics. Shari stayed until really late and then she had to go.
In the morning we all got ready and gathered up our things to leave. One of the girls, Lisa, had to leave the night before so now there would be 7 of us in one car on the way home.
We stopped for breakfast before picking the baby and dog back up.
The van was a bit full on the way home. 7 adults, 1 baby, 1 dog, luggage for all 7 girls(you can imagine), and 800 of the new Cookie Lee Spring/Summer catalogs. We had a low rider.
Thanks to all the girls for an awesome and way too long in coming weekend. I'm so glad I decided to go. I'm looking forward to getting my new business going and making some extra money for my family.
Now, back to running.......




16 comments:
awww, that's so great you got to reconnect with your sister! : )
Pretty pics-you look great! And, I like the header! Beautiful!
Fun! Everyone needs a little girl time! Glad you had a great weekend.
What a great time! I SO need a girls weekend about right now!
That was awesome to be able to see your sister again, too! What a blessing!
Girlie girl fun is the BEST kind of business. Glad you had a well-deserved weekend getaway!
And I have recently added ALL of those songs to my iPod. We must have the same taste!
Very Fun!!
Quite an eventful time! At some point this year, I'll be picking your brain about how to prepare for PDX!
Looks like you had a great time! :) Hooray for weekends away - even if they are mostly about work!
Looks like so much fun - thanks for sharing!
p.s. - I meant to tell you I LOVE the new look of your blog!!
Wow that is a long time to go without seeing someone.
Hugs to a fun weekend and great pictures.. I love Cookie Lee so if you have any SALES let me know..
Glad you had such a fun weekend! That's wonderful that you got to meet up with your sister.
That looks like a total blast! Girl time! Sister time! Dancing!! You're going to be itching for another one of these weekends before ya know it!
Wow, what an awesome weekend you had! :)
Did you say you have never been out dancing in your life? Oh, you got to get out more often!
When boys go out for a night on the town, someone will always get a ticket indecent exposure while urinating on a wall in an alley outside of a burger/pizza joint.
that does sound like a wonderful weekend! yay for sisterly love!
Post a Comment