Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Crazy Week

I have so many thoughts running through my head.  So many things have happened in 1 1/2 weeks.  I ran a marathon, I survived, I had family visit, my girls had soccer games, I've gotten sick and recovered(mostly). All of this pales in comparison to what one of my wonderful friends and greatest running inspiration is going through.  I've been thinking a lot about her and her family.  We should all cherish every moment we are here and love our families.  They are our gift.

My family left on Saturday and on Sunday I learned that one of them was in the hospital in terrible pain.  There have been lots of tests and now it is so bad that emergency exploratory surgery is scheduled for today.  I hate that they are so far away and there is nothing that I can do.  I feel caught up in emotions.  So many similarities to what my Mom went through 6 years ago.  I can't help but be worried.  I admit to being a little overwhelmed this week.  I won't even bore you with the rest.

All that being said I am more determined than ever to try my hardest at controlling the things I can.  Running truly is the best therapy.  Here's is my plan.

1.  Lose weight.  My goal is 20-30 pounds.  I've done it before.  I can do it again.

2.  As I lose the weight I will slowly work on increasing my miles.  I want to do whatever I can to help my knee(s).

3.  Strength train and work on more physical therapy that will make my knee(s) stronger.


My blog is titled "Impossible Is Nothing." When I began my running journey it was something that just grabbed me.  It still is.



After finishing Portland and dealing with all the issues and pain that came up with my knee I contemplated giving up the marathon.  It went through my mind, I will admit.  My family, including  my husband, would love it if I just ran the smaller distances.  The problem with that is I'm just not ready to give up.  I was so close to breaking my 5 hour mark once.  I know I can do it.  I'm going to give it another shot.  If my body has other ideas then I'll make that decision when it gets here.  For now I am determined.  I'm not giving up.

14 comments:

Emz said...

YAY Stacie!!

You go get that sub 5. You can do it.

Love this post. Love that quote/photo.

TMB @ RACING WITH BABES said...

I know that you can do whatever you set your mind to.

And if you want to come run that sub-5 at the National Marathon in March, I would not be opposed to that ...

H Love said...

perseverance my friend...you can do it! One day at a time and don't forget to be kind to yourself!

Unknown said...

You can do a sub 5, I just know it! I think it's great that you wrote down your goals, I find that helps to achieve them.

Rene' said...

I second TMB's comment come to National and we will get you that sub 5. you are very right "impossible is nothing" and you can do anything you set your mind too!

Pahla said...

Go get your goals, Stacie!! And {hugs} for all the other stuff going on in your life right now.

Marlene said...

You have it in you for sure!!! Be strong, take it a day at a time and you'll get there!

Meredith said...

I saw a shirt last week that made me think of you. It was an Adidas shirt and it said, "You show me your impossible and I'll show you mine."

You can do it!

Julie D. said...

You CAN and you WILL. keep at it, stacie!! Sorry your family is going through so much stuff. praying for you.

Fruit Fly said...

I say you go for it! Your mind wants to do it, so you're body will agree, too!

Laura said...

Awesome..I am going to use that Impossible quote to get me through my next race for sure.

Jess @ Blonde Ponytail said...

Hope you survie your crazy week!! p.s. You look fabulous!!!!

Anonymous said...

Go get it! It's not always our day, but eventually the training and the stars will align on the same day!

(Love the shirt quote Meredith mentioned.)

Dawn said...

I just happened on your blog. I remember my first marathon. 5:07 or something like that. My first though at the finish line was that I NEVER HAD TO DO THAT AGAIN. My second thought was....I CAN KNOCK 7 MINUTES OFF NEXT YEAR....

LOL. It took me three more marathons before I did: 4:59:57. Don't give up! :)