Friday, October 22, 2010

New Music Friday ~ Post Marathon Edition


First I'll go with some of the new songs I added for Portland.

Maroon 5 
Misery
Give A Little More
How

Pearl Jam
The Fixer

Adam Lambert
If I Had You

Katy Perry
E.T.

E.T.  came up about the time my knee started to get painful.  I actually hit the back button to hear it again.  Normally not something I do on a run.  This song really was my favorite of the day.  Thanks Emz.

Other Portland Favorites
Take On me ~ a-Ha
Smack That ~ Akon
Move Along ~ The All-American Rejects
Airplanes ~ B.O.B.
Pump It ~ Black Eyed Peas
Into The Ocean ~ Blue October
Holding Out For A Hero ~ Bonnie Tyler
Womanizer ~ Britney Spears
Miracle ~ Cascada
Believe ~ Cher
Lovers In Japan ~ Coldplay
Sunglasses At Night ~ Corey Heart
Precious ~ Depeche Mode
The Game ~ Disturbed
Love The Way You Lie ~ Eminem
Born To Run ~ Emmylou Harris
Imperial March ~ Darth Vader Theme/Star Wars
Wind It Up ~ Gwen Stefani
Maneater ~ Hall & Oates
SexyBack ~ Justin Timberlake
I Do Not Hook Up ~ Kelly Clarkson
He's A Pirate - Theme from Pirates of the Caribbean
Little White Church ~ Little Big Town
Maneater ~ Nelly Furtado
Animals ~ Nickelback
Buttons ~ The Pussycat Dolls
Du Hast ~ Rammstein
Fire Burning ~ Sean Kingston
The Kill ~ 30 Seconds To Mars

And of course the theme for Chariots of Fire.

This wasn't my whole list but I wanted to share some of what kept me going.

Sticking with my Star Wars Theme I found this.  Star Wars voices & sounds for Tom Tom devices.  In case you are wondering, I am totally a Star Wars freak.

7 comments:

Marlene said...

Thanks for all the music rec's! I worked so hard on a playlist for my race and didn't even turn the iPod on. Whoops!!

Alanna said...

I love the Pearl Jam song and the whole album! It's actually my go-to tempo run album. I know that if I can get a 5km tempo run in before the songs run out it's been a great run! It's got about 50 plays on it on iTunes :) I guess I go with what I know works...

My marathon favourites were U2's "Stand Up Comedy" and Art of Dying's "Get Through This".

H Love said...

thanks for the tunes....how did you get the Portland pics. Did you pay for them??

Anonymous said...

Smack That -- haha! Love that one! So bad but so good for running!

Jess @ Blonde Ponytail said...

Thanks for sharing your song list. i had a friend ask me for recommendations!

I second Harm's comment, love your pics and how did you link them to your site?!! The simple link button?

Fruit Fly said...

Take On Me .... NICE!!

RunToTheFinish said...

love the post race photo and how did you get a decent race photo too!!