Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Portland Marathon Expo/Bloggy Meetup

On our way to Portland!!!  Tressa and I were having way too much fun in the car.

The marathon Gods were shining on us and we were able to get an extremely early check-in at our hotel.  That meant we had a base camp set up and parking for our car.  It got even better.  The hotel set up a late check-out for us for 2:30.  I was so excited about being able to get a shower before heading home.  They topped off the great news with giant chocolate chip cookies.  Below we have Jason and Tressa making some VIP calls :)
We headed down to the EXPO in the rain.  I wasn't thrilled about it but was so excited about the EXPO I  didn't let it bother me much.  I have to say I'm kinda disappointed.  A lot of great stuff was missing and the packet pick-up and bib pick-up were on different floors.  Pretty bizarre and crazy with that many runners.  I have been on a mission to get a pair of green CEP socks.  Once again, the booth was all out of green :(  They didn't even have pink in my size.  Tressa scored a pair though so I was happy for her.  We decided to take a quick food break and headed to Buffalo Wing Street.  Usually, we always have a good experience.  It was a big fat FAIL there, too.  Sorry Tressa!!!  We look happy though :)
We headed back to the EXPO and were lucky enough to have another mini blog meet-up with Julie & Ashley.  We got to talk for a bit which was great.  Of course, we couldn't leave without a pic.  It was so nice to meet you guys.  I hope we get to do it again, soon.

After doing some window shopping we were off to the bloggy meet-up at the Macaroni Grill.  Mel aka Tall Mom and the lovely Jill.
Jason & Jesse aka Track Coach.
What a great bunch of ladies.  How lucky am I to have discovered the crazy land of blogging and to have met such awesome running friends?  It was a great dinner.

Harmony and her yummy dinner.
We got to meet two new runners.  Welcome Valerie & Blonde Pony!!!
Harmony, Blonde Pony, Tall Mom, Jill, Amanda, Tressa, & Me :)


A couple group shots before heading out.

I love green and found this shirt last week.  You Are Your Own Limit~Love it!!!!  A quick shot of my pre-race pile before bed.  Full of excitement to be sharing such an awesome experience with so many wonderful runners.  Can't wait until tomorrow.
Don't forget my Lift Your Sole Giveaway HERE.  I'll announce my winner tomorrow!!!

10 comments:

Jill said...

Such a fun dinner. Thanks for organizing this. Love all the great pictures. Hope we can do another one soon.

Great job on your marathon! Not ideal condidions, but you pulled through for your 3rd marathon. Way to GO!

Bethany + Ryan said...

HEY!!! you are supposed to post the race recap and your time FIRST!!! expo and bloggy meet up second!!! lol. can't wait to hear how the marathon went! i was thinking of you Sunday!!

Marlene said...

Looks like the bloggy meet-up was a HUGE success! Can't wait to hear about your race!

Emz said...

Completely awesome.

And again...
hugely jealoous.

Unknown said...

Great pics with some great ladies. So sorry I missed it!

Katye said...

i love green too =) my favorite and yeah it matches my eyes (and makes my crazy pale skin look slightly less white) PS I think your bangs are actually super cute down/side swept like that!

track coach and adorable wife said...

Thanks a bunch for letting me tag along with you all day! It was super fun!

Fruit Fly said...

Your meet up looks like so much fun! Sucks that the expo wasn't as great as you hoped. I've only been to 2 expos so far, but now I am dying to go to my 3rd. I love them!
~RR

Jess @ Blonde Ponytail said...

Thanks for organizing the dinner Stacie! So goodto meet you!! Congrats on the marathon...finishing in the rain was a feat in itself!!! -Jess

The Boring Runner said...

Very cool, you had a ton of people meeting up with you!