You must run under one of these times at any race event which publishes results in order to qualify for our Marathon. The event in which you submit your qualifying mark must come from an organized and sanctioned event. International race marks will be accepted, as long as the results are published in English. Virtual races/events cannot be used for a qualifying mark.
Marathon - 5:00:00
Half-Marathon - 2:30:00
20k - 2:22:00
10 Miles - 1:50:00
10 Miles - 1:50:00
15k - 1:46:00
12k - 1:18:00
10k - 1:05:00
* Qualification window is from January 1st, 2005 to present
All I can say is thank goodness I have 10K, 10 mile, and half marathon times that will get me in.
2. Good News ~ My family member came through surgery okay yesterday. She had a section of her intestines removed. Her doctors are hoping to determine the cause to ensure the problem doesn't happen again. I'm hoping the good news continues.
Soccer is over. Well, almost. Big M had her last game last night. They won and got their trophies. I'm so proud of her. She has improved a lot and loves playing. Little M will have her last game Monday (weather permitting.) If the weather is bad then we will just be meeting at McDonalds for ice cream and for the team to get their trophies. We have been so lucky with weather this soccer season. The girls have loved it and are such great players. Plus, its great cross training for running :)
3. Thanks to Courtney over at Run, Courtney, Run I was the winner of the GU Energy Sampler from her Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Fundraiser/Raffle. I received my package yesterday and was so excited!!! I can't wait to try some new flavors.
I also just won some Zensah Compression sleeves from Cathy at Run Momma, Run. I can't wait to get those. I've always wanted to try them. Be watching for a review & some pics soon.
More giveaways are in the works. I'll have something for you guys very soon. Thanks for following my journey!!!
Did I mention I really want to run the National Marathon in D.C.??? Just checking :)


11 comments:
Uh weren't we supposed to find an event we could run together over there? I am so not a marathoner, but good for you if you can do it!
Tressa, there are plenty of different distance events on the East Coast that I'd love to do. This is just one of the many I'd love to accomplish. I'm not getting any younger you know? :)
Exciting news on the marathon!!! Interesting that they have qualifying standards.
Good news about your family member - I hope they can sort out the problem and that recovery goes well!
YAY for DC. I have never been there. :(
Would love to get there one day!!
Yay on the gu score!!
I really hope that you can swing it! It would be a blast. And if this helps any, you can always fly into Richmond and stay with me (which is free). Then for the race we can drive up to DC (it's 1.5 hrs from here). And if we can't get someone to host us, I'm sure there are enough of us to split rooms. Come on! Do it!
And tell Tressa, that they have a half too. And a relay for the half (5 miles, 5 miles, 3.1 miles) We should be able to find some local DC bloggers to jump in on that one!
that race looks awesome!! fun!
The East coast is def' where it is at!!
Good news on the family doing well with the surgery! Our bodies can handle amazing things.
Congrats on your winnings!
Wow! sounds like an exciting marathon!
I hope your family member recovers quickly!
Very exciting about the marathon. Everyone seems to be signing up for that one...and it is close to me...hmmm...
oh my word. you have me dreaming now...just sent a "kind of joking but not really" email to my husband about that marathon...never been to the east coast and would love to go. Now if I could get my leg to cooperate and heal up!!
Woo-hoo, I hope that you can find a way!!! That would be so great!
Post a Comment