Confessions of a Slacker Runner Addition
1. Let's face it. This is my worst "training" I've ever had for a marathon. I'm not proud or happy about this fact. I could list a million excuses but we al know if you want something bad enough, you make it happen. On that note, in order to make Portland happen at all, I had to go through physical therapy and listen to my body. That meant less miles. While I'm confessing, I might as well add that I didn't get to run this week. I've been pulled a million directions. And now, to top it all off I'm sick. Sinus issues, exhaustion, and a sore throat. Did I mention that the weather forecast for Sunday looks like rain??? Bring it.
2. Now that I got that out of the way, on to a happier note. I am very excited about this weekend. Despite the lack of training, sickness, and weather I AM PUMPED!!! I will not let any of these things stop me. I love Portland. I could spend all day at the EXPO. I get the chance to meet up with all of my blog buddies and some friends that I hardly ever get to see. I get to eat pasta. Nuff said :) I loved my first marathon, even with no support. Now I get the chance to share it with so many other people. How lucky am I? I have people who believe in me and inspire me to keep pushing forward no matter what. And that's what I plan to do.
3. The Macaroni Grill Blogger Meetup is in full force. Details HERE. I know several of you will be in town at different times. Reservations are at 4:30 but I'm sure we will be there quite awhile. If you get a chance, please stop by. Everything is within walking distance of the Hilton/EXPO. I know several of you have my cell phone number. Just give me a call. If anyone would like it, just shoot me an email. That way we can meet at the EXPO before or afterwards too.
Portland Bloggy Meetup
300 SW Yamhill Street
Portland, OR. 97204
503-546-3040
Reservations @ 4:30PM
Please check out the original post and let me know if you want to be added. I know several of you might be late and that's fine. We still want you to come. I'm so excited to see all of you!!!
Don't forget my Lift Your Sole Giveaway ~ HERE


8 comments:
sounds like fun!! I'm sure you'll be just fine with the amount of miles you ran. I've run a few marathons in the rain, just make sure you tear open your snack a tiny bit before the race starts, they are hard to open when wet and they get slippery. Depending on how hard it's raining, you may not even need to use a port-a-potty mid run if you have to pee, you can just go ;-P that could be one advantage?
good luck, I'm sure you'll do great. I look forward to reading your recap and seeing how well you do!
Love your attitude about the weather! Depending on which weather site I read Victoria will either be sunny with clouds or pouring rain... figures that I'll have to wait until race day to see what it's like!
Good luck and have fun! Nothing is getting in the waY! GREAT ATTITUDE!
I want to reserve the seat next to Amanda.. Is that OK..
HUGS to making it happen, bad training sysle or not..
If it helps at all...i've run twice in the last 2 weeks! :( I have Jill's cell...I'll text her to see if you guys are still at the restaurant after my nieces bday party. I plan on going to the expo at 1pm. My cell is 360-566-5056
You are going to be great, how cool that you're having a bloggy meet up!
Good Luck and Have Fun!!!!!
and thanks for posting my giveaway!!!
So wish i could - having a carb load dinner with my hubby. will you guys be at the expo - would LOVE to meet up and exchange good lucks!! I will be there in the afternoon - call me if you are there 360-907-1011.
Don't worry, you're not alone. I consider myself to be a professional slacker!
Hope you had fun with the weekend ... off to read those posts now! :)
~RR
Post a Comment