Thursday, July 21, 2011

Three Things Thursday

1.  I've been busy.  We have a wedding we have to make a road trip for this weekend and my Cookie Lee trip to Las Vegas I'm preparing for.  On top of everything, two of my Cookie Team are going through family emergencies.  Then, before I knew it, my Grandma was in the hospital this week as well.  The last few days have been stressful and emotional.  I'm just trying to get as much done as I can and be prepared for whatever comes next.  One of my Cookie travel partners is in Alaska right now with her family.  She and I were tag teaming the 18 hourish trip to Vegas next Wednesday.  Without her, it's all me.  I can handle it, just hoping it all goes smoothly.  I'm a marathoner....bring it.
Sending big hugs and prayers out to my friends and their families.
 
2.  Another One Bites The Dust.  I lost another Follower since this morning.  After a tough few days it was the last thing I wanted to see.  Summer is causing chaos with my blogging.  I obviously need to step it back up.  Sorry to all of my faithful followers.  I'm not going anywhere.  I have serious plans.  Hopefully you'll all hang around to see it happen.
3.  Running/Weight Loss.  I plan on getting more details on this.  After a highly stressful February, my body refuses to lose weight.  I want to do it right and do it healthy.  After losing 80+ pounds before, I know it can be done.  I'm just slightly frustrated that none of my routines are working at all.  How can I run as much as I do and still feel and look this way???

A friend sent me a link with sarcastic responses on normal signs.  Thought I'd share a few.  Jess, there's one for you.








20 comments:

ashley said...

woohoo for roadtrips and fun!

girl, i'm feeling you with the weight thing.. i feel like i've been at the top of my game for the past 3 weeks, even strength training, but the scale won't budge!

Holly @ The Runny Egg said...

Ok I love the signs!

I used to "follow" a bunch of blogs and get email updates, etc -- now I just keep them in my google reader. So maybe someone isn't a follower anymore, but they could still be a reader! Either way I just recently found your blog so I'm a new reader :)

Erica said...

rrrrooooaaadd trripp!!! woot

Love the signs!

Average Woman Runner said...

I'm sorry about all the raining going on for you now. Maybe that drive to Vegas will be good mental down time? Do you have a book to listen to? I hope your trip is a good escape. Be safe!

The Green Girl said...

Sorry you're going through a stressful time right now. Hope you can find some time on your trip to relax, girl.

Take care of yourself.

Michelle said...

Good luck on the trip! I LOVE cookie lee! I would love to order some sometime :) Also, one follower? Dont sweat it! I cant wait to see what you do and look forward to seeing your plans!

Have an amazing day!

H Love said...

dude don't worry about the followers...I think I am losing them by the dozen~ you rock and so does your blog!

great signs! I know Jess will love the NINA one!

Julie D. said...

so sorry you've had a tough week. hang in there!

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

Those signs are GREAT! God bless your family and friends. Good luck with all you have to come.

I gain and lose followers all the time, dont stress it darlin :) Think of it as people who opted to stop blogging and focus on other things.

TriGirl said...

Oh man, that is a rough week. Hope your grandma makes a speedy recovery.

I lost a follower today too. Weird. I like Mel's advice though.

Anonymous said...

Hey now, buck up little camper, Followers are not lifetime friends or family, which you undoubtedly have plenty of!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the laugh with the signs! You made my Friday!

Fruit Fly said...

I'm down two followers in the last week. Maybe we're just too cool for them to handle! That has to be it!

18 hours? Yikes. At least there is that big pot of gold waiting for you at the end in the form of fabulous Las Vegas!

Anonymous said...

Remember, one less follower doesn't mean one less reader. People read blogs in any number of ways and sometimes they switch from one to the other. I did that awhile back. Switched to subscribing in Reader instead of being a "follower". And also some people follow just for the giveaways and then quit later if they only wanted the free stuff. All this to say, don't worry about one lost follower--although it's happened to me and it makes me a little sad too.

Unknown said...

Hope your grandma is alright!

Don't stress about losing a follower. I read a ton through google reader and don't "follow" some of them. Maybe that's the case.

And don't stress about the weight. Keep doing what you are doing... we hit those plateaus sometimes and you just need to have faith that what you are doing is right.

Love the signs!

Unknown said...

Teeeeheeeee the signs are great!

Christy @ My Dirt Road Anthem: A Runner's Blog said...

Those signs are funny!

Katye said...

these all had me cracking up! thanks for that!

The Boring Runner said...

Funny - these must be making the rounds because I posted a bunch of them today. Good luck on the road trip!

The Boring Runner said...

Oh also, I lost a follower today too. Hmmmmm