Guess where I'm going tonight? Last week I was lucky enough to win tickets from our local radio station to go see....................
NKOTBSB
Then
Now
I think they have aged well.
Backstreet Boys minus Kevin
That's right. Tonight after an unmentionable amount of years I will get to see the group that I had plastered all over my bedroom walls & ceiling growing up. I was a bit obsessed. Thank goodness that obsession has moved on to better things like running, right? That being said I am extremely excited about going. I never got to see them when they were young and popular. As an added bonus the Backstreet Boys will be there as well. Watch out world, I'll be reverting back to a teenage girl in just a few hours :)
Who is your favorite NKOTB or BSB guy? I was a Donnie & Joey girl.
In celebration here are a few familiar tunes.
NKOTB ~ Summertime
NKOTB ~ The Right Stuff
NKOTB ~ Step By Step
Backstreet Boys ~ Everybody
Backstreet Boys ~ I Want It That Way
Other Retro Hits
Real Life ~ Send Me An Angel
A Flock Of Seagulls ~ I Ran
The Cardigans ~ Lovefool
Smashing Pumpkins ~ Bullet With Butterfly Wings
The Verve ~ Bitter Sweet Symphony
I know these are a totally random mix of songs but that's how I roll. I love music and I always have a varied selection at all times on my iPod. It's been my one constant running companion from the beginning. If I don't change things up, I'd lose my mind :)
Thank goodness our wave of the Dirty Dash isn't an extremely early one. Can't wait to see Kim & S tomorrow and tackle some mud. I hope you all have a great weekend!!! Good luck to all of you who are running!!!!






12 comments:
I am so jealous!!! I never really listened to NKOTB when I was younger, but I loved BSB. Too bad Kevin won't be there, he was my favorite!
I do love Joey from NKOTB though. I remember he tried having a solo career and I loved one of his songs -- can't remember the name though!
Have fun!
Oh my gosh. I am so jealous. I saw them when they came to dc. Best concert i have ever been to. Seriously. I wish I could go again.
They still have it. I loved Donnie as a kid and after cover girl I love him now. Enjoy.
I saw the BSB in concert 6 or 7 years ago.
Wow, you've got a busy weekend missy! Save some energy for the big race tomorrow. Can't wait to see you guys!
OMG KISS EVERY NKOTB FOR ME!!! (except Danny. sorry D Wood.) I saw BSB in college. They were good .. but they are NO NKOTB!
(The caps just help show my LOVE!!)
I still have all of my NKOTB "Barbie" dolls. No, you can't play with them. I don't let ANYBODY touch them except for myself and Teen Skipper.
Joe Jordan Jon Donnie Danny. That's my order. I made my little cousin memorize it as well. I stand by that order - but now Donnie is moving up a bit I think. Yeah, Donnie and Jon traded spots.
Maybe I can come up and you can sneak me in? Like I'll just go in your purse? That wouldn't be obvious, right? OR you could wear a fat suit, but really I'd be inside of it, too - just no head showing? Yes, I love this idea. I'm on my way. See you in a few hours!
Is that the longest comment I've ever left on a blog post? Yes, I think so.
I just REALLY love them. I mean they are better than running... although I'd run to see them.
Didn't you love Joe's hat with the open top? Especially when paired with that big smiley faced jacket? LOVE!!!
I'm so jealous you get to see them!! I'm a little young for NKOTB but I loved BSB!!
I love NKOTB! They were my first real concert that I went to see. :) The boy band dance offs between New Kids and Backstreet boys were great too! I love that they both have not lost their cheese factor! Hope you had fun (but how could you not??)
Blast from the past - for sure!!!!
can't say i was ever a fan of either group, but i must say, they certainly have aged well :D
Hope you had a great time... I loved NKOTB - John was dreamy. :) I think he's gay now! HAHAHA
I Love NKOTB. My favorite is Joey. He should have been my first husband. And you can't help but swoon when he sang Please Don't Go Girl.
ha ha! This rocks! So fun!
Post a Comment