Saturday, February 13, 2010

Matchmaker 5K 2010


I was able to convince my poor husband to run the Matchmaker 5K again with me this year. Running isn't exactly his favorite thing to do but he humors me from time to time to make me happy. The weather was drizzly but not bad. We all gathered at Borst Park in Centralia. I was excited for the run and even happier when I realized several friends were also participating. They had a 9:30 start for the "slower" runners and a 10:00 start for the super fast runners. Obviously, we planned to start in the earlier group so we wouldn't hold up awards and giveaways at the end. I wanted to run with Doug, Clarissa, Steven, & Payton but they ended up in the fast group. Jason and I started out in the first group. We were about half way through when one runner passed us. This was the first time since the start. We caught up with another runner with about less than a mile to go. Not a huge feat for most but exciting for us slow folk :) My official time was 31:11 and Jason's was 31:12. My iPod time was under 31 minutes. We grabbed some water and then waited for everyone to finish. I caught several good shots of the Gifford Team as they headed to the finish. They did great. It was Payton's first 5K. Congrats!!!!


3 comments:

Jen said...

Super cool. How old is the young Gifford? Just curious. My 6 year old wants to run a 5k with me.

Stacie said...

Jen, my 8 year old ran her first 5K when she was 6. We just thought she would walk most of it but it was hard for Daddy to keep up :) She loved it. She ran it in just over 30 minutes. The run we are doing tomorrow she ran with me last year. She was only going to do the 5K but insisted on wanting to do another lap to complete the 10K with me. Crazy girl did it. I won't be letting her run that far again for a while though. 5K's are plenty. My 6 year old might be doing the 5K tomorrow, too. Watch for that post :)

Clarissa said...

I haven't checked blogs for a while. I might have to steal your pics for a blog post of my own. It was a lot of fun...looking back anyway. It was frustrating during, dragging (I mean encouraging)Payton to the finish line.