The weather here has suddenly turned beautiful. Most of the time I get stuck running on the treadmill so a day like today is wonderful. Makinley was with my parents so I was home alone until Makenna got off the bus. I asked her if she wanted to go on a run and she immediately changed into her running stuff. She was so excited. She has ran several 5K's and even a 10K last year. She has done a few track camps and loves soccer so I'm hoping it's something she will continue to enjoy.
I got my Garmin started, took a few pics, and away we went. It was so nice to feel the sun and to spend some time with her. She did great even though she slowed down and walked a few times. Her speed is amazing when she turns it on. When it all comes together she will be someone to watch out for :) She ended up running over 2 miles when Jason drove up next to us on his way home. I let her hop in and I continued along behind them. It was a lot of fun. I'm hoping we can take advantage of the weather together again this week.
3 comments:
LOVE IT!! So cute! Hey are we facebook friends?
love it....hoping for many more running days together for the two of you!
Just wanted to say "Hi". I love your blog and it motivates me. I love running and i'm a total twilight addict. I think I have read each book 3 times. I'm a short mom though but totally envious of all of you tall moms. I'm only 5 feet tall. :( I have 4 kids and I live in Louisiana where most people prefer to get diabetes from eating unhealthy than run. I was born in the wrong zip code. :)
Take care and keep posting, please
Heather
Post a Comment