Post Contains Graphic Photos
My Dad wanted to go clam digging so he invited us all to go with him. So at 3AM we were all up and ready to catch a ride. Dad showed up and we all got loaded. I love this time of day when you get to watch everything start to get light and a new day begin. I also love watching them end so that could be why I never seem to get enough sleep :)
We got there about 6AM and headed down to the ocean. We didn't even have to get too close to the water. There were clam holes everywhere. We could each get a limit of 15. It didn't take long. I soon discovered it was hard work. The girls had a ton of fun looking for shells and picking up their clams.
The weather was awesome. The fog had cleared before we got to the beach and the sun came out. I wish we could have stayed and hung out for awhile.
Dad thought it would be very entertaining to show us the town of Taholah on the way back. It's on the reservation. Let's just say there was graffiti on one of the bridges in town where a certain "F" word was spelled wrong-classic. There were dogs everywhere. My favorite part of Taholah were the speed bumps/signs in town. They classified them a little different there :)
Once we got back to the house the work began. I dislike clams anyway but after watching the process very closely and having to smell them for so long I doubt I will ever eat them. Makenna loved helping my Dad get them into the hot water so they would open so you could rip them out of their shells.
Makinley had fun watching everyone at their different stations.
~GRAPHIC PIC WARNING~
A clam seems innocent enough until you really start to check them out.
Then things start to get a little more graphic. Seriously, people eat these things.
I was going to post pics of the whole cutting and cleaning process but I'll spare you.
The final product all clean and ready to be fried up. I actually fried up a whole limit of these and Jason ate them. So nasty. It took them awhile to clean 75 clams. It was a great day. I really enjoyed the time with my Daddy.
3 comments:
NOT A FAN OF CLAMS. And after seeing those pictures...won't be eating them, ever!! Glad you got to spend some time with your daddy!
So your ...... description of them was the most acurate decription I have ever gotten. They look nasty. Good thing I love the way that they taste. :)
HA!! What ever happened to speed bumbs?? So funny!
Post a Comment