Tonight we got the call that I had been waiting for for a long, long, time. Due to circumstances we have been liquidating all of our stuff over the past couple years. Jason bought the Banshee in March 2006 and she has been a trouble maker ever since. Due to her home wrecker reputation I lovingly named her Angelina. After selling the rest of our ATV's Angelina remained.
We have had her listed on Craigslist forever. Finally we paid for the Cycle Trader ad about two weeks ago. Not one single call until tonight. The guy wanted to come tonight. Between that and the fact that he lived up in Olympia I was really hoping he was serious. We ran out and got Angeling out of the trailer and gave her a quick wash and dry job. We rolled her into the garage and waited for the guy to show up.
I thought it would be fun to take a few pics while we waited. From these photos I'm sure there is no sign of my impending happiness on the hopes of selling Angelina. I thought it would be funny to "kiss" her goodbye.
I think Jason felt a huge sense of relief and also some sadness. I even admit that it was a little sad. It's not so much that Angelina is gone I think it's just the final chapter in saying goodbye to something we truly loved doing and was a really fun thing to do as a family.
Once the guy showed up he decided he wanted her. He made an extremely low offer and we somehow met in the middle. Not even close to what we owe but at least a big chunk of the debt is gone. That's a relief. It was very painful watching the guys cram Angelina into the back of the truck. It all happened so fast I still can't believe it.
No comments:
Post a Comment