I have determined that living in a hotel room with the girls and trying to keep them on a schedule is going to be a challenge. We have two queen beds so the girls sleep together in one. Unless all the lights are out and nothing is going on will they go to sleep. Bed time is 7:30 so this should get interesting. The hotel has a great continental breakfast so that will help a little. At least it will make it easier to get them food before school.
Jason forgot his briefcase for church so we had to drive out to the house this morning before we went to get it. I really didn't want the girls to see the house yet and all of their stuff piled up muddy in the rain. Jason ran in and got what he needed while I distracted the girls. On the way to church Jason asked about an item of his that he had found in the trash pile and he wondered if it could be saved. Unfortunately for him I am the one who had packed most of the totes and knew that several items of extreme importance of mine were also in that tote. One being something that my Mom had bought me before she died. I asked if those things had been there too and he said they had but they were destroyed. I had a complete meltdown all the way to church. I seriously feel like I am losing my mind. I have a constant headache and stomach problems from the stress. I know I need to try and calm down but knowing it and doing it seem very hard right now. Being sick and extremely exhausted doesn't help. I think I cried a good portion of the day today. I don't like doing it but like I said I think it is all beyond my control. Something in me feels like it has snapped and I am beyond sad. I can feel myself entering into a depression and it scares me.
I finally got the girls to go to sleep but it was after 9pm. I don't want this to affect the girls more than it needs to. If they don't start falling asleep sooner then I'll have to figure something out.
I am getting ready to go to bed and try to prepare myself for tomorrow. Jason will go to work and I'll get the girls to school. After that I'll head to pick up the free dumping voucher to use for all of our flood damaged stuff. Once Makinley is out of preschool I'm headed out to the house to take pictures and to go through all of our damaged stuff to itemize it. I am not looking forward to it at all. Everyday we find something else and every time I crack a little more. Our wedding pictures are still missing among other things so I'm scared for what I might find. I still can't believe this is happening.
1 comment:
Stacie, I just got done reading all your flood story! Wow! I just wanted you to know that I will pray for you guys!!! I can't even imagine!! :(
Post a Comment